Chapter 17 - The Guild

After our romantic dinner, we walked toward the guild. The cherry blossoms had turned into a rainbow colour while we ate our dinner. Natsu told me they were rainbow cherry blossoms and they would only show their beautiful rainbow colour at night. We were walking hand in hand and there was one thing on my mind. "I'm really curious, how did the picnic basket and roses appear earlier?" I asked. "Oh, Happy gave them to me when the time was right" Natsu answered.

"Ok and how was the dinners already steaming by the time we got to the table?" I asked. "Happy put them there a few minutes before we arrived. I had the whole day planned except for the markets and I asked Mira to cook the dinners beforehand. The whole crew knew about it so they pitched in" he answered. "So that's why everyone was being secretive" I said as I came to realise the reason behind the weird behaviour. "Yep" he replied with a big grin on his face.

"At first, I thought it was because you guys found out my secret and were trying to act normal" I answered. "I'm still glad you trusted me enough with your secret and I would still love you even if you told me later" he said and gave me a peck on the lips. I smiled after the peck and hugged his arm. "Thank you Natsu, for everything" I said.

Soon we arrived at the guild, the building was like a castle and Natsu kicked open the doors. "Listen up!" he shouted, getting everyone's attention. "Lucy's my girlfriend and mate so if any guys so much as touch her you will be swimming with the fishes! Got that?!" he shouted. The guild was silent for a few seconds before they erupted in cheer. "Congratulations!" they cheered and brought out the booze.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned around to see Gray. "I'm glad Flame Brain had the guts to go through the whole plan. He was nervous as hell before-argh" he was interrupted by a flaming punch by Natsu. Gray was knocked down but quickly stood back up. "Oi what was that for?!" Gray shouted as he glared at Natsu. "Didn't you hear me?! I said any guy who touches her will be swimming with the fishes but I'll settle with beating you into a pulp" Natsu replied with a glare as he rolled his arm around, ready for a fight.

They started their fight and eventually got the whole guild involved. Even Erza got involve when someone smashed into her cake. "STOP ALL THIS RUCKUS!" I heard a booming voice shout. I looked towards the voice and saw a short old man that I've never met. He seemed very respected because everyone froze at his voice. Natsu came to my side, "who is he?" I asked quietly to him. "That's Master Makarov or Gramps as I call him. He used to be the captain before he passed it down to me. He usually stays at the guild while we explore the seven seas" he explained.

Master Makarov walked up to me, "nice to meet you Lucy. Welcome to Fairy Tail, I'm sure Natsu just told you who I am" he greeted. "Yes he did and it's very nice to meet you too" I replied. "Mind if I borrow you for a moment?" he asked, "sure" I replied and followed him to his office. "Natsu, I want to talk to Lucy by herself" Master Makarov said and I turned around to find Natsu close behind me.

Natsu gave us a pout and left the room but I was sure he was right next to the door waiting for me to come out. Once the door was shut, Master Makarov spoke. "No need to feel nervous, I just wanted to properly greet you Princess Lucy Heartfilia of the Celestial Kingdom to Fairy Tail" he said with a slight bow. My eyes widened, "there's no need to bow and you know who I am?" I asked and he straightened himself. "Yes, I do and I can assume you haven't told the guild?" he asked. I nodded and looked down to the floor. "I've only told Natsu last night because I felt like I could trust him but I'm worried what the others will think. I'm worried they will treat me or look at me differently and I don't want to be sent back to my father" I explained.

"Did Natsu look at you differently?" he asked and I looked up at him. "No" I replied, "then I believe you have nothing to worry about" he said. I understood what he meant, if Natsu didn't look at me then the others won't either. "It doesn't matter what background you come from. We treat everyone like family no matter their background" he said. "Ok, I'll tell them but I'll tell them tomorrow morning so I don't ruin the celebration" I said. He nodded and let me out of his office where Natsu stood, leaning against the wall.

"What did he talk to you about?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "He knows" I whispered in case anyone was listening. "Knows what?" he asked and I sighed. "My secret" I replied in a whisper. "Oh...wait what?!" he shouted, "shhhhhh" I hissed. "Sorry" he whispered, "I've decided to tell everyone my secret tomorrow morning" I told him. "Really? Are you ready to tell them?" he asked with concern. "Yes. Now lets go back to the party" I replied as we walked back towards the main guild hall. "Good because I want to beat Gray in a drinking contest" he replied with a smirk.

Everyone partied through the night until everyone passed out drunk except Cana who was somehow still going strong. Natsu fell asleep cuddling me on the floor after the drinking contest between him and Gray ended up in a tie. Since he wouldn't let me go, I fell asleep in his arms.