Chapter 7 - Hidden Text

Levy led me down to the library below deck. My eyes widen at all the books stocked up on the shelves. Never in my wildest dreams, would I have ever thought about a library being on a pirate ship. One of my only joys within the castle was going to the castle's library and reading all day. I've read all the books in the castle but Fairy Tail's library had books I have never seen before. I was mesmerised as I ran my fingers along the unfamiliar books.

"You like to read books?" Levy asked eagerly, "yes I love reading, I've read loads of books but I've never seen books like these" I replied. "Finally, another bookworm like me! We collected these books from all over Fiore" Levy said excitedly. I was impressed, Father rarely gets books from neighbouring kingdoms. Most of the books in the castle's library were about language, arithmetic, history and geography. All the books necessary to raise an educated prince or princess though I thoroughly enjoy reading the fantasy books. They would make me feel like I was living in another world rather than being trapped in a castle.

"It's amazing" I commented, "now, lets get started on this map shall we?" Levy said with a big smile. She laid the map on a wooden desk that sat near the porthole. We inspected the map and I noticed a shine on the corner of the map that was reacting to the candlelight. I had an idea as I picked up the map and put it near the flame. "Whoa! What do you think you are doing?!" Levy exclaimed, grabbing my arm. "I'm not going to burn it, watch" I said and we looked at the map again. Words started appearing on the corner of the map. It read...

To find the Dragon Jewel you seek,

You must search Dead Dragon's Peak.

"Lu, you're amazing!" Levy exclaimed, snatching the map off me in excitement. "The heat from the flame heats up the invisible ink making it visible to the human eye" I explained. "We have to show Natsu!" Levy replied excitedly as she dragged me out of the room. We burst into the captain's quarters, abruptly waking Natsu up from his nap. "Ah-wah! Who's attacking?!" he exclaimed, "Lucy figured out the map!" Levy said ignoring his panicked state. "Really?!" he said jumping off the bed, "what does it say?" he asked.

"Show him Lu" Levy said, handing me the map. "Natsu light a small flame please" Levy instructed and I was surprised when a small flame on the tip of his finger lit by itself. "Wow, you're a fire wizard!" I said amazed, "aye!" Natsu replied with a big grin. "Yes yes yes, now show him the text Lu!" Levy said eagerly. "Alright, alright" I replied and moved Natsu's flaming finger behind the map that I held up.

The text started to form again and Natsu's eyes widened. "Woah!" he exclaimed with excitement like a little kid and extinguish his finger as he snatched the map from my hands. He inspected the map all over, searching for the invisible text. Levy and I giggled at Natsu's behaviour. Natsu noticed and rubbed the back of his neck with a light blush on his face. "Hehe sorry got a little carried away" he said, embarrassed.

"Anyway, Levy set a course to Dead Dragon's Peak" Natsu ordered handing the map to Levy. "Aye aye Captain" Levy said happily, running out of the room. "Lucy, Mira left some clothes for you. Dinner is in an hour so go have a shower" Natsu said grabbing my wrist and dragging me out of the room. What's with people dragging me everywhere? Anyway, we went below deck and he showed me where the women's shower room was. He shoved the clothes he was holding into my arms and turned to leave. He walked two steps before stopping looking back at me, "oh and great job finding out that hidden text Lucy" he said with a big grin.

A blush formed on my face but I didn't understand why. "No problem" I muttered shyly with a smile. He continued to walk away and I went inside to have a shower. The shower room had four showers lined up in a row and I took the first one nearest to the door. I stripped down and let the warm water hit my skin. Since I left the castle, I've had to bathe in nearby streams which the cold water would make me shiver. I used the shampoo that was beside the shower, 'I hope whoever owns this won't mind' I thought. I ran the strawberry scented shampoo through my hair before rinsing.

I changed into the clothes Mira gave me and exited the shower room. Once I entered the mess hall there were chairs and tables flying around as everyone was fighting with each other. "What's going on?!" I exclaimed then Mira appeared beside me, "oh hi Lucy, this normally happens. Natsu and Gray were fighting as usual then Gray accidentally knocked Erza's strawberry cake on the floor. A little tip, never take Erza's strawberry cake away from her if you want to live. Then one thing led to another and now the whole crew is involved" she explained.

Suddenly someone's navy blue boxers slammed into my face. "Ewwwwww!" I exclaimed, instantly removing the dirty boxers from my face. "Sorry those are mine" a naked Gray appeared in front of me. "Just take them!" I yelled, covering my eyes and throwing Gray's boxers back to him. "Thank you" he said, "I'll get you back for that pyro!" he shouted towards Natsu. "I like to see you try!" Natsu retorted. "Oh I forgot to mention Lucy, Gray has a stripping habit" Mira said. "Why didn't you tell me before?!" I exclaimed, trying to get the image of Gray's naked body out of my head.

After a while, everyone settled down and placed all the tables and chairs in its rightful place. I sat between Natsu and Gray as dinner was finally getting started. Occasionally they would glare at each other while chomping on some food. It was disgusting as food was flying from their mouths but I ignored them and finished my own meal before heading to bed.