Camp Chaos

The trip back to camp was much shorter then when we left the camp. Gavin was still carrying me, Zeke asked him if he wanted to take a break from carrying me but Gavin said no. Everyone was silent most of the way back, probably thinking about ALPHA. Soon the camp came into view.

"Yay! were finally home!" shouted Gloria.

I thought about what she just said. Home? I guess since our first homes were destroyed, this camp was our only place we can call home. Once we got closer to the camp however, something seemed to be wrong. We arrived back at camp around 7:30 at night, and instead of the usual noise of people hanging out outside, people were whispering to each other and grouped together in large numbers. The others noticed as well, and Tara went up to Ivy and Frankie who were in the middle of it all. The rest of us followed.

"Hey Ivy, Frankie, whats going on?" 

Ivy and Frankie looked startled to see Tara, but then let out a sigh of relief.

" Oh Tara, it was horrible! We were just doing our normal routine here at the camp, and then a bunch of weird looking......RACCOONS came and attacked us all!"

We all gasped, and Tara turned to face Frankie.

" How is that army I told you to train turning out?"

Frankie looked down, and then looked back up.

" Becuase of this unexpected attack, I wasn't able to train anybody. During the attack lots of people were hurt. Ivy and I were busy trying to put the camp back together."

Tara nodded, and faced all of us.

"Alright everyone, we have a camp to put back in order. Lester, Gloria, and Roxie, go to the kitchen and get as much food as you can. tell the cooks I sent you. these people need to be fed. Ivy, go get as many blankets as you can find. Gavin, take Rachel to the first aid tent. Zeke and Frankie, come with me to my office."

We all nodded and Gavin carried me over to the first aid tent.