Testing The Ride Out

Gavin stood there, looking a little confused. He was wearing a black muscle shirt and tan cargo pants. Gavin then turned towards me, waiting for instruction.

" Oh, um start on that golf go cart over there over there." I said, looking down at me feet. He nodded, pushed up his glasses, and walked over to the go cart. He took a creeper, which is something you lay on that has wheels and rolls to get under the car, and got to work. While I was working on this dirt bike, I couldn't help but watch him through the back tire. Gavin was under the go cart, his legs sticking out from underneath it.

" Hey Rachel, can you give me a hand over here?" Gavin asked.

"Sure, I'm coming"

I jumped up from where I was standing, and walked over.

" Grab a creeper."

I snatched the other creeper and rolled under the go cart next to him.

" Hold this."

I held the motor cover in place while he drilled it to stay in place.

" Ok, Rachel, go try out the motor."

I slid out from under the go cart and sat in the drivers seat. I pressed the gas pedal. The go cart roared to life!

" Oh yeah!" shouted Gavin.

He rolled out from under the go cart and stood up.

" That was awesome! your really good at this kind of thing." I said, again blushing.

I noticed that he was blushing too, ever so slightly. He kinda looked cute when he did that.

" Does Gavin like me? No, no way, no ones ever had a crush on ME. Do I like him? I have no clue."

When I snapped out of my thoughts, I saw that Gavin was staring at me, but then looked down when I noticed.

"So, um, how's Lester?" I asked.

He looked up at me.

" Oh he's doing fine, he hates having to be in a wheelchair though. Right now he's with the younger kids watching the kickball game."

He took a step towards me.

"So, do you want to test this baby out?" he asked.

I nodded, and he pulled me into the passenger seat of the golf go cart. Gavin then went to the back of the shop and opened the back doors. He was going to drive the cart out of the shop. Gavin hopped back into the drivers seat and backed the go cart out of the shop. Once we were outside, we spent the rest of the morning "testing" the golf go cart. It was the most fun I've had in a long time.