The Ride Shop

I was up twenty minutes before the alarm went off. I brushed my teeth in the bathroom, got dressed in a black thick strapped tank top and tan cargo pants,fixed my hair into a side bun, and secured my sling to my left armWhen I came out of the bathroom I saw that Gloria was already up. She was wearing a navy blue thick strapped tank too and forest green cargo pants. I braided her hair to the side and watched her enter the bathroom to brush her teeth. Roxie was also up by now and she trotted in after her. I turned and walked out onto our balcony. Few people were up. Gloria walked out of the bathroom, with Roxie as her shadow. I grabbed our room keys and all three of us headed out the door. Then the alarm went off, signaling the start of a new day. As I locked the door, I heard a thump come from Gavin's room. Suddenly his door swung open and he looked at Gloria, Roxie, and I in a state of panic.

" WHAT WAS THAT? IS THERE AN EMERGENCY?" he yelled over the noise of the alarm.

Gloria and I stared at him and started to laugh, we remembered our reaction to the alarm for the first time. the alarm ceased and I finally spoke up.

" Gavin, that was the wake up alarm." I said trying not to laugh.

He breathed a sigh of relief, and then walked back into his room. Gloria and I walked Down the stairs to the street, Roxie right next to me. When we were outside, I noticed a crowd gathered in the middle of the street. we walked over to it to find Tara kneeling down in front of a yellow quad trying to what looked like fix the motor.

" How is the quad Tara?" someone asked behind me, it was Ivy.

" Not to good, I don't know how to fix it. Anyone know about quads?" Tara asked with a hint of desperation in her voice.

Everybody shook there heads, but before I knew what I was doing, I stepped forward.

" I do." I said shyly.

Tara looked at me, clearly impressed.

" Ok, Rachel, follow me to he ride shop." She stood up,beckoned me to follow her, and picked up her quad. We walked down the camp street, Gloria and Roxie following us, to the last building and went inside. Inside was a big spacious room with motorcycles, dirt bikes, mopeds, bike cycles, and quads scattered everywhere. Zeke was sitting on the floor in the middle of it all painting a design on a dirt bike.

" Hey Zeke, I think I found someone who can fix all of these rides" Tara said excitedly.

Zeke looked up at me and smiled. Tara rolled her quad in front of me and handed me a wrench. For the rest of the day and into tomorrow I was in the ride shop with Gloria and Roxie.