Gloria's First Crush

After my test drive with Gavin, I decided to walk down the street to the kickball game to find Gloria. I haven't see much of her in the past day. When I arrived at the game, I saw that an argument had broke out.

" Face it princess, we won!" shouted a little boy with a small mow hawk.

" No, you won because you cheated! We really won!" shouted a little blonde haired girl, it was Gloria.

The argument continued, finally had to step in.

" Hey, why are you guys arguing? if its that much of a dispute over who won, then why don't you just call it a tie?"

The boys considered this, and then nodded. They put the ball down.

" Fine, we'll call it a tie, but we will cream the girls team net time!"

All the boys then just walked away, leaving the girls speechless. eventually the girls started to disband and it was just Gloria and I

" So, do you want to go for a walk Gloria?" I asked

She nodded and told me she had something to tell me, we started towards the end of the street. When we were a safe distance away from the camp, she finally spilled the beans.

"Ok, so I saw this boy in a wheelchair watching the game, he had brown hair and lots freckles. before it was my turn to kick I went up to him and asked him why he was in a wheelchair. He said it was because he had to let his leg heal because he had a big gash going down the side of it. We were talking for a few minutes, I learned that his name was Lester and he was eight years old also, but I'm technically older, because I was born in December and he was born in March. We both planned to meet later today along with Hazel to go to the flea market here. But I just have to ask you, do you think he likes me?"

I was stunned, I didn't expect her to say that, and I also didn't know we had a flea market here.

"Well Gloria maybe he does, you never know, do you think he's cute?"

She looked down, blushing, I'll take that as a yes. I felt bad though, because I didn't have as much experience when it comes to having a crush, I'm kinda having MY first crush now, and I think it's on Gavin.

" Rachel, can I tell you something?"

I stopped walking and faced her

" I'm glad it was you who found me in that ditch, I love you Rachel, your the best friend anyone could ever ask for."

I was completely speechless. I never had any siblings, and all of my cousins were older, so I never had a little kid like me before, let alone love me. I bent down and she gave me a hug. After all of this, it's kinda nice to have someone who loves you. We continued onto the next street, me describing my test drive with Gavin.

"He so likes you Rachel."

Now it was my turn to blush. Suddenly we saw this red substance on the ground. we both ran up to it and saw that it spelled out a phrase. Gloria and I took one look at it, and started running back to camp, yelling for Tara.