Chapter 19.2

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko. Ganoon na ba ka-desperado si Daddy na magka-apo to think and decide for me without my knowledge? That explains kung bakit palagi nilang tinatanong kung kamusta na ang relasyon namin ni Cherryl at kung kailan siya ulit papasyal sa bahay. Ramdam ko ang pagsibol ng galit sa aking dibdib. “I just did and I don’t know of any plans and the shit I care.”

Biglang nagbago ng atake si Cherryl. Umisod siya, hinawakan ang aking kaliwang braso at sinadyang idikit ang dibdib. “I love you Babe, this doesn’t need to end. We can talk about this more in private. Just give ourselves sometime,” malumanay niyang sabi. As it was before, such playful teasing would be enough for my blood to rush south making me instantly hard and asking for her to satisfy that sudden carnal need. But now only Dom is capable of doing that and of driving me to want things I never thought my sane mind and body would crave for.

I brushed her away and regained the distance between us. “This is over Cherryl.”

Naisip siguro ni Cherryl na hindi uubra ang naisip niya kaya tumahimik saglit. “So, do you mind telling me the other reason?”

Umiling ako. “It’s complicated.”

“Fuck you Niko! Don’t give me that cliche reason,” napalakas ang pagkakasabi niya that made other students within several meters radius to look towards us. “There is always a more important fucking reason and for ditching me all of a sudden, I deserve to know why?”

Tumayo ako na sa tingin ko ang nararapat gawin. “There’s not much more to talk about. I made my point. I’m sorry Cherryl for hurting you and for ending it this way.”

Tumayo din siya. Probably ayaw niya ang feeling na siya ang iniwan. Mas okay nga namang ipamalita na siya ang nang-iwan so I let her save her face.

“Sorry your ass!” she shouted and stormed her way back to her friends.

Naiwan akong nakapako sa kinatatayuan, pinagtitinginan ng mga ibang estudyante. Sa kabila noon, sobrang gumaan ang pakiramdam ko. As if half of the burden on my shoulders magically disappeared. I guess I am doing the right thing and started walking on my way towards Dom’s heart.

***

PAGKATAPOS LANG din ng dalawang oras, naroroon na naman akong nakaupo sa hilera ng benches pero sa may gawing unahan na sinundan ng seryosong si Jim pagtakapos ng aming klase. Truth is, ayokong makipag-usap kay Jim kaya hindi ko siya pinansin simula umaga at nauna na akong nagpunta dito pagkalabas ng class room, praying he wouldn’t do the same. Aside from the fact I don’t understand his strange actions lately, I also don’t want him intruding with my relationship to her cousin that already has come to an end, much more with my life.

But now, for sure Cherryl already told Jim about the bad news as he towered standing a couple of feet in front of me exuding the usual authority with his bulky body but the fuck doesn’t affect me even a bit. “Are you kidding me, Niko?”

Biglang umakyat ang dugo sa aking ulo. “Just fuck off Jim. This is even out of your business.”

Napasinghal siya. “Ganoon ba Niko? Tingin mo talagang wala akong pakialam dito?”

“Yeah!”

“Then you’re absolutely wrong. Pinsan ko ang pinag-uusapan dito. Ditching her without telling her the real reason is totally absurd. She loves you.”