Part 40

Recap : Morning tea from Anu to Jai.

That morning was a complete mystery. In the breakfast table, Anu sat beside him without anyone's force . A smile was always on her face.
'Why is she so happy today ', was the only question going on Jai's mind.

Relatives were already present in the house ready for the wedding. Children's scream, laughs and all was repeating every here and now. After the breakfast session, all the kids gang gathered for a play along with bride and groom. They decided to play hide and seek. So one of the kids was blindfolded for 5 mins, by that time all of them hid somewhere.

Anu ran and reached the small store situated in the backyard. She opened a cupboard and hid there. After 2 mins she heard the door opening. She closed her eyes tightly in fear of being found. The door of the cupboard opened. She opened her eyes and found Jai staring at her. He turned to leave , but the main door opened suddenly. Anu pulled him inside and closed the cupboard. She asked him to keep quiet.

One of the kids called their names but no one came out. Anu opened the door slightly and found kids standing there. So she closed it and turned to Jai. She found him looking at her and she was lost in his eyes. So many memories flashed in their eyes... their first meeting ... fights... Mr Flirt and Ms Super Pagal... fun moments... love...!!

Her eyes started to well up. He saw her eyes with full tears.
Jai.... with much difficulty she uttered his name.

"We found you"

Children screamed and opened the cupboard. Anu wiped off her tears fast and smiled at the kids.

"Come lets play again... ", said the kids.

"You all continue, I have some work". Said Jai leaving them. Anu also excused herself and went.

Jai was lost in thoughts looking out the window. Anu slowly stepped in to his room. He seemed her presence but didn't cared to turn back.

"Jai, I know I made a big mistake that day. But I never wanted that. A sorry can't make you feel better or forget the past.  Jai... I need you. I terribly need you. I am nothing without you. Last 3 years , I was suffering to hell. Jai please... please give one chance. I will never go across you. I will do whatever you want.. but please don't leave me... neither me nor you are happy.  I know you too can't leave without me.  Please Jai... lets give a chance to this marriage ... please.... "

Anu burst out crying,hugging Jai from back. Jai closed his eyes, and a teardrop fell from his eyes...
"If you finished your speech.., please leave...".

Anu looked up in surprise.
"Jai... .  .."

"Please. ... ".
Anu left the the place heart broken.

Is this the ending of their love... can't they reunite....
Their wedding is fixed for sure, the matter is whether they will marry with love and happiness or for just as a ceremony to show their family....

~

Two days later...

Haldi ceremony was yet to begin.
Meanwhile Dadi was noticing the clear distance between Jai and Anu.
She decided to talk to her about the matter.

Anu was dressing up in deep yellow lehenga... with ornaments made of flowers .

"Anu... "
She turned to find dadi at the door.
"Come in dadi...  and say... I look beautiful right ...".

"My angel is always beautiful. ... now you come and sit here..I came to talk with you... ".

Anu sat down beside dadi.
"Anu,... tell me one thing... is everything ok between you and Jai... ".

Anu couldn't answer to the sudden question of Dadi.
"Yes dadi... actually Jai is angry with me for not spending time with him these days ...that's all.. my poor jai...misses me a lot..  otherwise everything is fine... ".
Anu said with a happy face hiding all her sorrows.

"If that's all, then ok. But , remember one thing... a small crack is enough to destroy any huge building. So solve all your problems before being too late...".

"Sure dadi  .. I trying my level best... , but I am not getting an idea to butter him up... can you help me... ?".

"Why not.. I will help you... "

"Yes... that's my dadi... ".

Any ideas to butter Jai... ?🤔
Tell me tell me... so that I can inform Anu...😉