Grave News

~(Y/D)'s POV~

         "Megatron went around the whole Nemesis trying to... apologize," Knockout chuckled.

         "Yup, but we were out racing."

         "That was one of the less exciting times."

He was right, there was nothing to remember in that time, just the same old 'we won, they lost'.

     For awhile we were silent, nothing but the gentle thrum of three spark beats in one room. Then there were four.

         "Carrier," Raf peered in, quieter than a mouse.

         "Yes?" I looked over to the open door, seeing that he had my father with him in his palm.

         "The others are starting to worry," the man explained, "that, and we're about ready to roll out."

         "Where are we headed?" Knockout turned around to face the audience of two.

         "To find some clues."

     We broke off into teams. Dad went with Predaking, to scout for the other two predacons and Roman. Dreadwing, Arcee and Bumblebee went to find any possible where-abouts of Unicron, not to engage in combat. Soundwave, Smokescreen and I went to look for any sign of Shockwave and Starscream. Knockout had to stay behind to watch Ultra Magnus,  much to his chagrin, but if Ratchet was busy with an injured vehicon, someone needed to be on duty. Stupid cherry still made a fuss though.

         "So, your brother can't just give us coordinates?" Smokescreen asked as he drove next to me.

         "He can, but not until the dynamic duo are completely moved to another lab. To speed things along, maybe, we decided that finding them and following them would be a better idea than just waiting."

Soundwave made no comment as he flew above us, scanning for any possible sign of our target most likely.

         "You know I never saw your, uh, Sire transform."

That's right, Smokescreen had left for something when Dad and Predaking left.

         "Scythe is a triple changer," I explained, "He can choose between his human form, a large drone, or a jeep." I didn't mention it was a kid's toy jeep, but to be fair, Dad could still drive up to 180 miles per hour with no problems. The drone form was nowhere as fast, but it was a hefty size, like ones used in combat. Of course, this information was new to me, only finding out about his forms while we were in the nursery, but I still knew enough to make Smokescreen marvel at the fact that such a tiny being can have an alt mode. He started asking how Scythe's skin was able to withstand the change, and if parts of his alt forms were still organic, and I answered truthfully. It sounds gross but he literally just turns inside out. Most of his inner design is Cybertronian, 100% metal, while his human form has the outer shell-like skin. I could probably figure it out if I wanted to, but right now, I just want to make Cybertron safe again. 

     Smokescreen was still rattling off questions when Soundwave shot ahead of us. At first I thought he might just be annoyed, until he came back, transforming ahead of us on a crumbling building. I was first to be by his side, climbing up the side of Soundwave's current perch, wondering what made him make a U-turn.

         "Something wrong?" I questioned, and for awhile, he just stared in the direction he had just come from, visor blank.

         "We can't go this way," he stated rather flatly.

         "Why? Is it collapsed?"

         "No," he answered after a long pause.

He wouldn't look at me, and I placed a servo on his shoulder plate.

         "Soundwave, what's ahead of us?"

He continued to stare for awhile, until he looked to the ground, as if in defeat.

         "My home..."

~Soundwave's POV~

Log Start

Log: The war had caused Cybertron to shift drastically, making parts of it completely unrecognizable. I thought my home was completely destroyed after it became a hub for Decepticon activity, but this proves me wrong. Ahead lies a desolate cemetary, where only one grave is marked. A good friend of mine, whom I should have listened to before things blew out of proportion as they did.

New Directive: Go see Rumble's grave.

         "Soundwave... we don't have to go this way."

(Y/D): Empathetic.

Response: "It's alright... we'll have to rebuild this area anyway."

Log continued: We press on, and the Autobot Smokescreen is left confused behind us, struggling to keep up. Failing to keep track of where we were headed, I simply flew to the still shining solar powered light that shown a dull red.

Location: Grave sight.

Occupant: Rumble.

         "What's that?"

Smokescreen: confused, still.

         "I see..." 

(Y/D): understanding.

Log continued: We stayed for a time, (Y/D) leading Smokescreen away, knowing that I would rather be alone. I did, and I was glad (Y/D) was so compationate. She knows this pain, losing someone so close to you, but there's no way of Rumble ever coming back.

Accusation: My fault.

Laserbeak: mourning.

Command: -Laserbeak- deploy.

Log continued: We both mourn. To keep from blurring my visor, I took it off with a short click, a still unfamiliar sound to me, and knelt before the small memorial, still shining after millions of years.

         "The war is over, Rumble... Decepticons are no more... Primus how you'd laugh saying 'I told you so' right now..."

Log continued: but you aren't.

Log End

(I'm emotionally spent after this chapter, love the cassettes! XD)