No Fight is a Good Fight

~Third POV~

     The duo didn't trust the third- Dreadwing always looming over them in his alt mode. He was a seeker, and seekers in the sky always meant trouble. It was hard to forget that. They were silent until they reached Darkmount, and the awkward silence turned to an uneasy one as Dreadwing landed between the two. 

         "You two will have to get used to hearing engines above you," he decided to break the silence, "I can sense your lingering fears."

         "Well you haven't exactly brought the most welcome of presences with you before," Arcee noted coldly.

         "And may I note I enjoyed that fact?"

         "How about we ignore past alliances and focus on our task at hand?" Bumblebee suggested, "I don't see or hear a single thing- it's to quiet..."

They advanced slowly, watching for traps or perhaps guards... though who would be guarding Unicron? They wouldn't want to know.

     Bumblebee tripped over something, making everyone hold their breath after Dreadwing caught his servo before he could hit the ground. The soldier was righted, and he nodded his thanks, earning another in return. Arcee was still wary, but her past experiences justified this concern. 

         "I don't think anyone's home-" They had reached the entrance.

         "Well we could knock and yell 'telegram'," Arcee gave her usual sarcastic quip.

         "You two don't look up very often, do you?" They both looked up at Dreadwing before he pulled them back, out of the way of falling debris that would have caved their helms in, "For being so wary of me, you're very reckless."

The two decided he wasn't so bad after all. 

     Since the debris wasn't an attack, and only bad timing (the citadel was crumbling), they decided to keep watch for awhile before heading elsewhere. Arcee mentioned the bone yard where Predaking resided for a time, but Bumblebee thought it might be too obvious.

         "You really believe Unicron is worried about stealth and whether or not we can see him?" Dreadwing huffed, "Maybe I should be more worried about your lack of knowledge than your knowledge of my past allegiance."

         "Are you saying that's where he's going for sure?" Bumblebee questioned. 

         "I'm saying he can go where he pleases," Dreadwing bobbed in the air with a sudden current, "Something's amiss-"

         "I'm not picking anything up-" Bumblebee noted, transforming and looking around as Dreadwing landed on a building, Arcee just below him.

         "The air waves- they are unruly-"

The two Autobots trusted his intuition, silently staring in any direction they heard something-

         "Maybe a draft?"

     Bumblebee's statement was met with the screech of a Predacon, Skylynx barely missing him as the mech ducked. Dreadwing pointed his canon at the creature, only to be tackled to the ground by the other. They snarled at the other two, a little voice breaking their attention, despite their attempt to ignore it-

         "They're good! See? no electric rod?"

Roman looked rather green on top of Darksteel's helm.

The beasts seemed to argue with themselves as they grumbled at each other and Darksteel attempted to chew on Dreadwing's faceplate.

         "No- Darksteel!"

         "Roman get him off Dreadwing!" Bumblebee ordered and the two creatures froze, looking at the black and yellow mech. Roman facepalmed.

     The two brothers transformed, one holding Roman in his servo, who glared at the promoted scout. They looked to each other, then to Roman, and later to Bumblebee.

         "You can see him?"

Bee would have paled if he was able to. 

         "Uh..."

         "Look guys, you're smarter than this, connect the dots!" Roman huffed, "I'm real and that's why you couldn't show me to Shockwave, he would have killed me." the teen huffed, his fun ruined.

Looking back to each other the two newer Predacons laughed, dangling Roman by his foot, who stared unamused, with his arms crossed. 

         "You're on their side?" Skylynx guffawed.

         "No, I'm neutral, just like my sister and so many others! They have another Predacon, like you two! They won't beat you or order you around like you're common animals. You can be your own masters! And Darksteel step off of the flying guy-"

Darksteel did just that, having been on his wing. He cringed, apologizing before listening to Roman's speech about being free again, though it still seemed to go over their helms. Although they did understand not being beaten for every minor mistake this time. 

         "Roman?"

The boy looked down from his dangling perch, watching as his father and Predaking emerged from the rubble.

         "Dad! Guys that's my dad! He's like me. Dad this is Darksteel and Skylynx, the best guys you'll ever meet!"

They all then stared at the silence between the two smaller predacons and Predaking. The two brothers looked at each other, then to their apparent predecessor. They frowned.

         "You didn't say he was bigger than us-" Darksteel huffed.

         "I didn't say you were going to fight against him either," Roman shrugged, still upside down. 

         "Well how else are we supposed know who's boss?" Skylynx poked at him, making the teen laugh.

         "Uh- duh," he giggled, "roaring contest?"

Predaking raised a metal brow at this. A roaring contest was far from what he considered civilized and fair. He preferred an old fashioned fight with claws, teeth and practically tearing them limb from limb to show 'who's boss'... but the two predacons seemed to enjoy this idea and looked at their new foe expectantly.

         "Roman you've turned them into rowdy boys," Scythe chuckled, earning odd stares from Arcee, Bumblebee and Predaking.

         "Well someone had to show them how to have fun," he smirked, finally being righted so he was sitting in Darksteel's palm, "So roar on, peasants! Fight for my own amusement!"

         "Wait, if you're here- where's Shockwave and Starscream?" Arcee was looking around, bringing Bee to be just as on edge.

         "They sent these two hunting," he shrugged, "No need to worry on that."

         "But will you come with us?" Predaking questioned, "You two would be great assets to our cause. I know a femme who would be very grateful for your allegiance."

The two thought a moment, looking to Roman.

         "What?" he huffed at them before rolling his eyes, "Okay fine- Yeah it's better than staying with those imbeciles who can't even notice you guys exist sometimes."

     Scythe chuckled, seeing that his son had two predacons wrapped around his finger just by being friendly.