Torture of the Worst Kind

~Knockout's POV~

     I woke up once more from the mumbling of (Y/D) as she had another nightmare. This had happened within the first five minutes, and suddenly she was calling out for someone unknown... or perhaps... they are known, just not to me.

         "S-strykeout... STRYKEOUT!" She shot up once more, optics half lidded as she looked around frantically for who I can only assume to be the dead sparkling of ours, buried on Earth.

         "(Y/D) they're fine," I tried to soothe, and she slowly nodded after awhile, clinging on to my arm as we both went back to laying down on the berth. This was the third time in the past nine minutes, and each time it's always her calling for a sparkling that doesn't even exist... I don't know what to do. A carrier's bond with her sparkling is closer then even that of the Sire's. She still feels that emptiness in her spark... a spark she didn't even have until not even a proper Earth day ago. I can't tell if Primus plans to curse us while we're together or bless us, but so far, it's a rather bitter blessing.

     I felt her shift once more, and hoped it wasn't another nightmare, so I quickly shifted so that I was no longer staring at the ceiling and was staring at her, a servo gently placed on her faceplate as I waited for the call to her long gone heir, but none came. I sighed in relief, the tension I had built up being released as I relaxed, still staring at the beautiful faceplate I had come to love over the time we have had together. I remember not to long ago, I would have hated the idea of even allowing her to ride in my back seat, only to have her in the driver's seat after a few short hours of meeting her. What ever possessed me to do such a thing I thank it, with all my spark. If only some sort of miracle could happen so that she was no longer being tortured by memories that aren't even there. I feel her distress through the ring that sits comfortably in her subspace, that piece of me wishes for a closer connection, but now is not the time.

     She shifted once more, and I looked to see that she had a servo just over her midsection, almost protectively, and I knew she was having a better dream, though a torturous one that most likely will never come to be. I wish I knew how to help her, but for now all I can do is wait for the sleeping beauty to wake up once more. Perhaps the best way to help her, is to distract her from the thing that tortures her.

         "Knockout," she mumbled tiredly, "The Sparkling's crying."

She nuzzled into me further, holding tight to my arm, and I frowned. I found one piece of this whole thing comforting though, and that's knowing the name of the one neither of us were able to meet. I think Strykeout's perfect... I wonder if she'll remember any of this when she's fully out of recharge. I guess I'll find out in a bit.

     I greeted (Y/D)'s waking form with a smile, not willing to show my worry for her, and she smiled back tiredly.

         "How long has it been?" she yawned, beginning to stretch as she repositioned herself to look up at the ceiling.

         "Only about 20 minutes," I admitted, "Did you... recharge well?"

         "Don't really know," she winced as a part of her spinal colum cracked back into place, "I feel like I've been up for awhile, but, I don't remember being up."

I don't know if I should be glad, or terrified at what these false memories of horror are doing to her. If she can't recharge properly, she won't be able to do the many things I hope to do with her, like touring my favorite, or what were once my favorite, sights on Cybertron. And I doubt the others would let her help, not even the Vehicons who would bend to every order she would give.

         "It's probably just your spark," I made an excuse, "It's new, so it may take awhile to get used to your form."

We both sat up, and I put a servo on her backplates, which made her hum tiredly as I rubbed small circles up and down.

         "We should probably call my dad at some point," she noted, making me chuckle.

         "Perhaps, though maybe we should wait until everyone is a bit more organized so we can introduce them."

To this she nodded, rubbing an optic as she yawned.

     We made our way outside, finding Rafael chasing Ravage and Lazerbeak, a welcome sight on the desolate planet we can now call home once again. Perhaps he can be one of the distractions that keep (Y/D) from going insane from sparkbreak. I find it rather funny, not to long ago, I would have welcome insanity, if anything I would thought her insanity normal. It's amazing how one variable in your life can change practically everything about you.

         "Knockout!" the little mech giggled as he ran to us, "I couldn't find you! Where'd you go?"

I found myself smiling at him, and bent down to my knees so was about his height.

         "Just a small adventure," I shrugged, "Nothing you would have found interesting."

         "Ah, that can't be true!" he argued playfully, soon running off with the cyber-cat and bird symbiote.

I stood back up, kissing my love on her cheekplate.

         "He's Cybertron's future," she smiled softly, "and ours."

         "Indeed," I agreed, "Though once Optimus comes back, there will be a much brighter future for him, and Cybertron."

She nodded, smile growing, and together we went to inspect how things were going with our fellow neutrals.