Home

(Merry Christmas everyone! Here's your present for being good boys and girls! Hope you like it!)

~(Y/D)'s POV~

     A burnt Decepticon symbol was etched into the wall of the room, bodies of Cybertronian femmes scattered as some seemed to be crawling to the empty cribs that once held their sparklings. I felt myself want to purge my tanks at the sight and I stumbled out as my helm began to fill with what horrid cries these carriers had screamed as they saw their sparklings torn away from them. The screaming of their sparklings as they were taken away from their safety, the love of their carrier. I fell over debris as Knockout tried to calm me, and Orange deactivated the 'femme only' protocal. the mechs present looked in, and I saw the horror in Smokescreen's optics, but by Knockout's expression, it was nowhere near ours.

         "I'm so sorry you had to see this," Orange sighed, and I knew she was holding back tears, but I let mine flow.

         "They... they were just protecting their sparklings," I cried, falling to the floor like one of the rusted corpses that littered the floor in the nursery. I felt the strong arms of Knockout pick me up, and place me on his lap as he too came to the floor. I curled into his embrace and cried.

         "By the looks of it," he sighed, "They were Autobots, most likely about to send their sparklings out in escape pods."

     Orange came back to announce that most of the escape pods were empty, save for a few missing completely. Knockout asked if I could walk, to which I nodded, sliding off of his lap and standing on my pedes, flicking the last of my energon tears off of my faceplate.

         "We Decepticons did many unforgivable acts," F1G stated with a sigh.

         "You are no longer Decepticons." I said, my voice wanting break, but I forced it to be steady, "Stop acting like you're still associated with a faction no longer in existence."

Smokescreen suggested we head back, and I agreed, taking shaky steps back to where the rest of our neutral faction would be waiting. Knockout had to help me over the large hole as my pedes shook, and my processor often brought back the frozen looks of the terrified femmes. I wanted to cry even more, but it would do me no good.

     When we made it back Dreadwing asked what was wrong, immediately seeing through my facade I had tried so hard to build up on the way back. Luckily, Knockout was the one to answer with a shake of his helm, and we continued on. I expected us to go and find something to help with, but when I tried to turn, seeing Ultra Magnus, Knockout redirected me to the Nemesis where he continued to lead me on without a word.

         "Knockout we need to go help-"

         "No, you need to rest... we both do."

I saw the fatigue showing in his optics, as they were not as bright as I often remember them being. He must have had little recharge when I was gone, and hadn't caught up with the much needed recharge since... then again how could he? There was so much going on at one time. Our berthroom door opened with ease, and I noted the spot where I often slept as a human, now never to be used again. I let myself be controlled by the gentle servos of Knockout as he made me lay down on the berth, soon sliding right next to me, giving a large sigh. I looked up to his bright red optics and smiled ever so slightly. My devil car brought a servo to my cheekplate, gently caressing it as I closed my optics.

         "Recharge... my darling."

~Raf's POV~

     I hopped beside Soundwave, Ravage walking by my side as we made our way back outside. Soundwave had found a new visor in the lab. The cabinet was locked, so I guessed only he had access to it. I didn't get to see his faceplate but I don't mind. He'll show it when he feels comfortable. I laughed when Ravage pounced on a piece of metal I had kicked with my pede, and Soundwave released his own symbiote Lazerbeak, who dive bombed Ravage playfully, the electromagnetic cybercat batting at the cyber bird equally as playful.

         "I can't wait to help with Cybertron!" I said with glee, "Just think, it'll be like the war never started! With big shiny buildings and families, just like ours!"

Soundwave looked down to me, and displayed a smiley face on his visor, a pinkish purple that made me laugh. I tried to make one appear as well, but just a few flickers appeared, and I frowned. It's going to take awhile to get used to basically having a computer on my face... faceplate. I wonder if (Y/N) had this problem before becoming who she is now. It's an interesting transition in vocabulary. Challenging, but that's not a bad thing, I like things to be a little challenging.

     I felt a nudge to my pede, and I looked down to find Ravage nuzzling me like a regular Earth cat would. I picked him up, and hugged him, his red optics glittering as I did so.

         "Thanks again Soundwave," I sighed, "I don't know if I could have made it without you there..."

The much taller mech looked down to me, and I looked up to him as he knelt, and put a servo to my helm.

         "You persevered," he stated, voice raspy from vorns of unuse, but deep, an octave or two higher than Optimus, "You are a strong little mech, as bull-helmed as Ratchet," I giggled at this, "As brave as Bumblebee, as strong as Bulkhead, as witted as Arcee, and as wise as Optimus, I had no doubt that you would find the inner Cybertronian that made you yourself."

         "Naw, I'm not close to any of them." I stated with confidence, "If I were that, I'd be a Prime already."

This made Soundwave laugh, a hearty, deep laugh that I bet he hadn't used in forever, which made me laugh as well, the happiness being as contagious as the Cybonic-plague. Ravage wriggled as he too seemed to smile and laugh, though in clicks and whirrs, almost wheezes.

         "Indeed," he admitted with a sigh, blank visor hiding his features, "What do you say about checking on the others? I'm sure they may need the help by now."

I nodded with a wide smile, my optics shining beneath the orange visor that mimicked Soundwave's. I let Ravage jump from my arms, and he roamed around, sniffing the metal ground as we continued on toward the others.

     Soundwave kept a servo on my helm, to which I didn't mind. I don't know what I would call him, not a friend, he means much more than that. I wouldn't call him a brother... maybe... a second father?