Metal and Mettle

(Mettle: Noun; A person's ability to cope well with difficulties in a spirited and/or a resilient way)

~Megatron/Unicron's POV~

     Landing on my home planet, I noted the beast that had found of my slight against him. Perhaps now I can end Unicron.

         "Who is this femme that holds a sparkling pod so dearly?" the ancient scourge asked me, and I found that I regretted trying to find Predaking. Unicron may try to damage the form I obsessed over.

         "I knew her as Wildstryke." I answered, "She is a neutral."

Unicron spoke to them through my body and I listened with an amount of apprehension.

         "You there," he pointed to Wildstryke, "Is that your sparkling?"

Wildstryke looked to my bulked form, and realized that it was not me who was speaking. Such a smart femme, never to be mine.

         "Who are you?" she questioned, and I felt my derma turn up in a smirk involuntarily.

I noted Predaking's held in urge to attack me, and couldn't lp but join the smirk that Unicron displayed.

         "I am Unicron."

The name merely surprised the femme, she gave no indication of horror or fear. Fearless... and Unicron seems to like this fact... I can feel the vile warmth through this connection we share.

         "I hear that your name is Wildstryke."

         "Not anymore," she answered, "My name is (Y/D). Wildstryke was a name I was forced to take upon Megatron's awakening. I was nameless before then."

Nameless? What does that mean?

         "You have not answered my past question." Unicron demanded of her, and Predaking transformed, growling as he took a defensive position behind her. (Y/D) brought the pod close to her chassis, protective, and fear, for one split second, flashed behind her optics.

         "I... Preda' let's go..."

I tried to take hold of my body, but Unicron's rage kept hold of it, and tried to shoot at the two.

         "For such a beautiful femme, you are quite idiotic." he growled, and grabbed hold of th Predacon's talon, pulling him back down to the ground.

         "Unicron you will damage her." I cautioned. I will not allow (Y/D) to fall in the clutches of Unicron. If I am unable to have her, he cannot either.

         "She will learn who is above her."

     (Y/D) scrambled up from the ground, the sparkling pod still in her servos, held closely to her chassis as she urged the Predacon to get up. Predaking stood, swaying from the shock of the impact and turned clumsily, his aim off as shoots of fire grazed my frame.

         "Predaking he's not worth it!" She said frantically, and steadied him with her own strength pushing his clumsy frame up and off the ground.

         "Megatron, this femme is of interest to you, I am sure you have studied her, so why does she act in contempt towards you?" Unicron asked, and I growled.

         "Because she is not mine."

         "A sparkmate to another, I should have known."

His tone suggests a plan, one even I do not like.

~(Y/D)'s POV~

     I managed to get Predaking upright again, and he began to rise back up into the air. Unicron charged his canon once more, aiming square at his chest plates and I scrambled onto his back before the Predacon was shot. With one more powerful sweep of his wings to the ground, we were far into the sky, Unicron right behind us in the bulked-out form of Megatron's alt mode.

         "Come on Predaking," I urged, "To Darkmount!"

He made a few rumbles of disagreement, but we turned in that direction, making Megatron... Unicron... Swerve in the air in a form of U-turn. Ugh now I know how the others felt about MY name change!

     I was panicking, and we were half way to the Decepticon citadel when I realized that a certain mech could help me out.

         |: (Y/D) to Soundwave! Preda' and I need a groundbridge ASAP! :|

         |: I am unable to pinpoint your coordinates - :| he answered, and Predaking swerved to miss a shot.

         |: I'll send you future coordinates promptly just be ready for my signal! :|

I sent him the coordinates of Darkmount, and he answered with a very strong disagreement.

         |: We don't know what is there at this time! What emergency warrants a retreat to THERE?! :|

         |: A pretty major one... :|

Preda managed to block a side blow, but it resulted in us losing altitude, and rapidly as Unicron attacked his side, splicing the armor. The evolved beast let out a pain roar as we crashed onto the open throne room of Darkmount. The giant throne was destroyed upon impact, and I slid away from the Predacon, a death hold on the slightly dented Escape Pod.

         "You fail to recognize your superior," Unicron announced as he transformed, a smirk that could be described as demonic displayed on his faceplate.

         "I have no superior," I winced as the broken shards of the throne I had landed on scraped against my armor, "Neutrals answer to no one."

         "You will answer to me." he growled, and stalked closer, making me scramble away only to find the edge of the tower once over run by Decepticons.

     The war lord/Cybertronian deity stared down at me, sneering as his intentions became clear. Like Megatron, he was infatuated with me.

         "I hope your happy, Megatron," my anger was apparent, but it masked the fear that was building up.

         "Megatron is no more," Unicron seethed, "I am Unicron."

         "You're a pain in my aft! NOW PREDAKING!"

With a well aimed blast, Predaking sent a torrent of fire to engulf the buffed up warmonger, and I used that opportunity to beat the clock, as Preda's strength waned from the blast he continued for a good long minute or two before slamming into Unicron, and running after me in his beast form.

         "Sorry big guy," I swallowed the lump that had grown in my intake, "I panicked."

He transformed and ran beside me.

         "I understand, but we do not have much time until he catches up!"

I nodded at this and ran faster, the Pod under my arm as the other pumped in a desperate attempt to make me go faster as the large pedesteps came closer to us.

         |: Soundwave, I need that bridge if you would please! :|

         "Less talking more running!" Predaking simply transofrmed and threw me up by his snout onto his back, and I rode him as we ran from the gaining war lord turned demon. We came to a dead end.

         "A SMELTING PIT?!" I shrieked, "Wait 'till I tell Knockout about this."

         "I see you have failed to escape." Unicron gafawed.

         "Idiot," my comment made him sneer, "I might have wheels, but Predaking has wings. FALL!"

I playfully saluted the mech as we went into free fall, and I hoped Soundwave would be able to anticipate our fall before we hit the smeltng pit.