Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A little later, we head home and once inside, I head to the bathroom and lock the door. I step into the shower and sob. When the water gets cold, I get out, dry off and get dressed. When I come out of the bathroom, Juice is sitting on the bed waiting for me. I walk to the bedroom door and his voice stops me. "Are you okay?" he ask. "Yeah." I say without looking at him before going across the hall and walking into the guest room. He walks to the door and it's locked. Knocking he says "Baby, let me in." I don't answer. I lay down on the bed and turn out the light and begin to sob. It's not long before I hear Lisa at the door. "Cass. It's me. Let me in." she says and I unlock the door. She walks in and comes over to the bed and sits next to me. "Talk to me." she says. I start to sob again. She just holds me and rubs my back, telling me "It's okay. Come on. Talk to me." she says. I sit back up and wipe my eyes and say "What did I do wrong?" She looks at me and says "You didn't do anything wrong." I nod my head and say "Does he hate me?" I ask. "What? No, honey. He doesn't hate you. That man loves you more than anything. What makes you think he hates you?" she asks. "He wouldn't even look at me. I'm scared he's gonna think I'm not worth the trouble anymore." I tell her. Juice shows up at the door and asks "That what you think?" I don't look at him. I just nod my head. Lisa gets up and heads out the door and lets us talk. "Baby, I was just pissed at the guy. Not you. You didn't do anything wrong. You've been so fucking perfect." he says. I start playing with my engagement ring and I start slipping it off my finger but he stops me. "Don't. That ring stays on your finger. I'm still marrying you in two months. You're going to be my wife and nothing changes that." he says. "You still want to marry me?" I ask. "More than anything baby. Please don't think this was your fault or that I don't love you. I love you more than anything. You did right texting me and I'll handle shit. But I think you need to take a little time off." he tells me and I nod.

An hour later, I am sitting on the couch, talking to my boss. "I need to take personal leave." I tell her. "Okay but you don't have any vacation time left." she tells me. "I know. But I need to take care of a few things." I tell her. "How long do you need?" she asks. "Couple weeks?" I ask. "That's fine. We'll get it worked out." she tells me and I end the call. "I have the next couple of weeks off." I tell him. I still won't look at him. He tilts my face up so that I have to look at him and he kisses me softly and asks "Do you still want to marry me?" I finally look into his eyes and say "Yeah. I do. But..." I say. "No buts. Do you want to marry me?" he asks again. "Yes." I say. "Then we're getting married and having a house full of kids and maybe a dog." he says, smiling at me. "Kids?" I ask. "Yeah baby. Kids. I want a house full." he tells me as he kisses me softly. "I love you baby." he tells me. "I love you too." I say.

The next day, I'm feeling a little better. "Come on. We'll head to the clubhouse. I don't want you alone today." he says. We pull up at the clubhouse and I walk into the office with Gemma. "How you feeling baby?" she asks. "A little better. Still not where I need to be." I tell her. "I see that ring is still where it belongs." she says smiling softly. "Yeah. He still wants to marry me." I tell her. "That what you want still?" she asks. "Yeah. It is." I tell her, smiling a little.

That afternoon, there's a knock on the office door. "Delivery for Cassie Danielle." the guy says and I sign and take the flowers. Looking at the card it says I'll see you real soon my love. X James.