Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Walking back into the house that evening, we sit on the couch and he pulls out his phone and orders pizza. "I'm gonna shower." I tell him. He smirks and follows behind me. We take a quick shower, together, before heading back to the living room just as the pizza arrives. We sit down to eat and I lean against him as we eat. "You feeling better about things?" he asks. "Yeah. I am. I'm sorry I've been such a hot mess lately. I guess I just got stuck in my own head." I tell him. "Baby, no matter what, never doubt how I feel about you. If you ever start doubting, then that means I'm not doing something right but baby, I'm a man. I'm not always gonna pick up on what I'm doing wrong so you gotta tell me." He tells me. "That's the thing. You didn't do anything. You were pretty fucking perfect. It was my own head getting in the way." I tell him. He nods. Putting down the pizza, I take his from him, putting it down and straddle his lap. He smirks at me before I crash my lips with his and proceed to claim my husband right there on the couch.

After we reach our release, we get dressed and put the pizza up when there's a knock on the door. Juice answers and sees Jax standing there. "We got a problem brother." Jax says as Juice lets him in. I go to head to the bedroom so they could talk but Jax stops me. "You can hear this too." he says. I look at Juice and he nods. "What's up brother?" Juice asks as we all sit on the couch. "Ope went to the cabin to check on Piney. Found him with a gunshot to the chest. Been there at least a couple days." he says. I look at Juice and he's in shock. I look at Jax and ask "Any idea who did it?" Juice takes my hand and squeezes to silently thank me for asking what he couldn't. "Not yet. But we are all going on lockdown at the clubhouse until we figure this out." Jax tells us. I stand and they look at me. "I'll get our bag together while you two talk." I say and they nod. I hear the front door close and Juice walks in as I am packing our things. He walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my stomach and I turn in his arms and bury my face in his chest and sob, feeling him shake as he sobs with me.

An hour later, we are pulling up to the clubhouse. Walking in, hand in hand, Lisa walks over and pulls me into a hug and asks "How are you doing?" I shake my head and ask "You?" She shakes hers. Juice and Tig walk up and wrap their arms around us and we just snuggle into our men. A few minutes later, we hear Clay call for church. "Stay inside." Juice tells me. "I love you." I say. "I love you more." he says before kissing me softly and heading towards the chapel.

Walking over to the couches, we sit with Tara, Lyla and Gemma. All of us fighting off the tears that are threatening to fall, trying to be strong. A couple of croweaters walk over and place cups of coffee in front of us and we thank them before Gemma speaks up. "How are you holding up?" I look at her and say "I don't know. Just can't wrap my head around it all." I tell her. "We'll get past this." she says. Tara looks at her and asks "Will we?" She looks at Tara and says "Of course we will. We'll figure this out." she says as she pats Tara's knee.

After an hour, the guys come out and I see Jax pull Juice outside. I don't move but a few minutes later, Juice comes over and takes my hand and without a word he pulls me to our dorm. Locking the door behind us he pulls me into the bathroom and closes the door. "Juice. What's wrong?" I ask softly. "I don't want anyone to hear us." he says. "What's going on?" I ask. "Jax thinks Clay killed Piney." he tells me. "No. Surely not." I say. "I don't know. I think it's possible. Don't let on like you know. I'll fill you in more when we get home." he says and I nod. Kissing me softly, he deepens the kiss and next thing I know, he's lifting me onto the sink, pulling my pants and panties off and entering me roughly. Thrusting in and out, I lean back and arch into him as he slams into me. I find my release with him right behind me and I kiss him softly. "I love you. I have your back no matter what." I tell him. "I love you too baby." he says.