Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight (Luka)

I avoided Noah completely the next day.

I knew he wanted to talk to me and he kept trying to follow me, but I'd come up with some excuse or, thank goodness, Gavin would jump in and order me to do something to keep myself busy as we waited for my medication to come in.

I wasn't even sure it'd work. I hadn't taken any medication, except magic and magic wasn't working on the nightmares. Maybe the human approach would? I could only hope.

I kept myself as busy as possible and took on half of the pack's chores, cleaning and doing laundry as i rushed about the house, ignoring pretty much everyone who spoke to me, except Trisha and Thalia. I couldn't resist the attention they showered me with.

It reminded me so much of Kira's and it made my chest ache, but the pleasure of being paid attention to by them made me feel too comfortable.

"Luka, you're amazing." Thalia exclaimed, watching me with wide eyes as I stood outside, cleaning off the swing for her and Trisha, who was blushing as she wrapped herself tightly in a wool jacket and matching scarf. I smiled warmly.

"It's nothing, really. Is there anything else I could do? I've prepared lunch and it should be finished cooking within the next half hour. I've washed all the laundry and done all the dishes. I've also taken the liberty of cleaning everyone's shoes. If there's anything you'd like me to do, please do not hesitate." I explained gently. Trisha swooned, cupping her cheeks as her breath came out in clouds.

"Uh, w-well... If you don't mind, maybe... Cleaning the floors? Wooden floors are so hard to clean for me because I can never get the corners." She added. I smiled brightly and bowed.

"I'd be happy to. I'll get to work on it as soon as everyone goes in for lunch. I don't want to inconvenience anyone." I tacked one. Trisha nodded eagerly, then winced as she heard someone calling her from inside. She ducked into the house, leaving Thalia and I to sit on the swing.

"You're amazing," Thalia sighed, glancing at me as I smiled, "And you're so polite about things. It's almost as if you can't say no." I paused to think about that before nodding slowly, smiling again.

"I suppose I can't say no." I responded. Thalia studied me for a moment, then smiled back at me before she caught me off guard. She reached out, taking my face in her hands, pulling me toward her and kissing me smack on the lips. My eyes widened and I went to pull away, but she breathed against my lips.

"You said you couldn't say no." She murmured hotly against my mouth. I winced as she easily pushed me back on the swing, almost knocking me off, but putting her arm down to steady us. Her teeth nipped at my lips, her hands starting to move up my shirt when I heard a low growl and Thalia reeled away from me and let me fall off the swing.

I flinched as I hit the wooden deck on my side, putting my arm up to stop the swing before it hit my head. My eyes lifted to see Noah standing in the doorway, staring at us. I narrowed my eyes, then grimaced as Thalia hopped off the swing, heading into the house and none-too-kindly elbowing Noah in the process.

I sat up, then frowned as Noah held his hand out to me. I slapped his hand away and rose to my feet on my own, brushing myself off.

"You always were wonderful with women. She'll be disappointed to know you're gay." He told me. I glared at him, taking a good step away from him as I straightened my jacket.

"I'm not gay, and I do not want you speaking to me." I responded coldly, heading for the house, only to have Noah grab my elbow and whip me back into the swing. I winced, using my feet to stop the swing. I glared up at Noah hatefully as he frowned at me.