Chapter One

(Note: This is part of a series, read The Full Moon first!)

Chapter One (Luka)

Power is beautiful.

It's like gold. Sparkling and attractive, wanted by all and comes with a cost. Once you have a bit of power, you want more. You won't settle for nuggets, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. Oh no, it simply is not enough.

Gold is too beautiful. Too precious.

And so was power.

However, for once in my life, I had come across something far more powerful than myself. More powerful than he who defeated me. More powerful than anything in the world and that power was sitting across the table from my vampiric master, Prince Gavin Peril. That power was named Kasper.

Now Kasper Peril.

He was a beautiful raven. Hair the color of his ebony feathers, hugging the nape of his neck and bangs brushed across his face and those big, expressionable blue eyes that reminded me of sparkling sapphires. His skin reminded me of a China doll's. So smooth, flawless, with just a bit of pink in his cheeks

He was perfect.

He was beautiful.

He belonged to Gavin Peril, the man who saved me without even quite knowing it. Kasper was also very powerful, even though he didn't know it.

He could do anything he wanted, but he didn't. He was too sweet, too loving, too caring to anything with that power...

Or....

He had so much power that he didn't even know it was effecting me.

I suppressed a yawn, walking over to refill Kasper's tea cup with his favorite plumberry tea mixture that his silly human friend, Victor, had bought for him on a trip to Europe a while back. Kasper looked up at me with a cute smile.

"Thank you." He said, nodding his head. I said nothing, just smiled back as I stepped back, balancing the tea pot on my fingertips and ignoring the searing heat that emitting from my fingertips to the tea, keeping it at boiling point. Gavin glanced up at me, his head cocking in a gesture for dismissal. I took it without a word, placing the tea pot on the nearby cart before I departed for the kitchen.

I opened the fridge, revealing rows of blood bags hanging from the hooks. My eyes scanned the blood bags, then sailed down to the slabs of freshly cut meat that still oozed blood into their packages. It wasn't the fake red ooze that humans put into their food. It was real blood.

From real flesh.

I stooped into, taking out a blood bag and ripping it open with my teeth before pouring it steadily into a new tea pot, watching the dark red liquid fill it halfway. I squeezed the last of the blood out and tossed the package into the hazardous waste basket below the sink. I frowned at the bright red droplets on the tips of my white gloves.

I leaned in, gently touching my tongue to it before frowning, pulling back.

Disgusting.

It tasted as if I were sucking on a metal spoon. I shuddered at the thought, then whipped my glove off, waving it off over the sink and closing my eyes as I held my free hand out over my glove, murmuring something in Latin under my breath.

The glove fluttered before falling limp in my hand. I flicked it again, scanning the clean white material before slipping the glove back on. I placed the tea pot over my hand, staring down at the tea pot in concentration before I heard the bubbling from inside. The intense heat made my hand feel like it was burning, but I swiftly ignored it as I picked up a tea cup and headed up the stairs.