Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Luka)

"Luka, my sweetling, do you even have any idea what you're doing?"

I looked up from the scrolls that were tossed open across the sleek wooden desk I was leaning on, the loose sleeves of my Chinese jacket billowing around my hands as a gust of warm desert wind blew in from behind me.

Kira was standing on the other side of my desk, wearing a black silk abaya. It was designed darkly in stark contrast to her blonde hair and blue eyes. The hood hung loosely on her head as she stood there, looking beautiful as ever as well as concerned.

"I know what I'm doing. Rajin's forces are moving to the west quickly. He's already taken over several territories in the area I was born. We're moving too slowly. We need to move faster." I muttered, rubbing my temples as I stared at the maps now. Kira sighed, shrugging as she came up to my desk, leaning over it with a little smile.

"My sweetling, I told you to merely kill the head of Rajin's forces."

"Yes, Kira, I did that, but he sent more forces out. This still hinders you."

"Aye, it does, but there's no need to involve more humans in this. You're creating a war. You've gone from servant boy to general in less than a year. You should be doing what other boys your age are doing." Kira added while lifting a regal brow as I frowned at her.

"And what is that?" I asked flatly. Kira smiled sweetly.

"Finding your mate, my darling sweetling." She answered, but I couldn't resist a laugh from bursting past my lips. I covered my mouth, backing away from the desk as I leaned on the sill of the window belonging to my office; my fortress.

A fortress built with tall, sturdy walls and an army behind it and around it to keep it from coming under attack from the many enemies I had created on my reign through the middle east. I had used the abilities Kira had given me to manipulate the humans within the area to become my army, my servants. I was no longer on my hands and knees pulling weeds and off shopping in the market place with only a few things to barter with.

I was a general.

And I was a sorcerer.

But the humans saw me as the next coming of some powerful god. The Greeks saw me as a child of Zeus, the Chinese as some spiritual being, and many other trying to associate me with some hailing being. Even a few accused me of being a demon, but what could they do to me when I had an army and magic to protect myself?

"You find me funny." Kira deadpanned, looking unamused as she folded her arms over her chest. I smiled apologetically, folding one leg over the other as I lounged in the window sill, the sun shining in the sky and casting a lively glow to the desert that lay to one side of my fortress.

"My apologizes, Kira. I just really don't see how a mate is important to me right now. I'm almost finished conquering new countries. I'm about to destroy one of the most powerful tyrants in the world." I added brightly, swinging one of my legs back and forth. Kira puckered her lips a bit in distaste, placing a hand on her hip.

"I believe you're forgetting that Mhujah fellow from the southern regions." She commented. I scrunched up my nose.

"He's nothing, but a mere branch in that country."

"Aye, as were you, sweetling."

"Fine, fine," I sighed in frustration, sliding off the sill, "I'll do a little socializing, but we're still sticking to our plans. We need to ally with the neighboring countries in order to draw them in further. They'll become insignificant afterwards." Kira nodded, smiling brightly as I walked out of my office. Kira followed close behind me as we emerged into the gold adorned hallways. The guards standing on duty stiffened, gripping their spears tightly in hand as we passed by, heads held high, but not higher than mine.