Chapter Two

Chapter Two (Luka)

One suitcase.

Two suitcase.

Three suitcase, four.

Five suitcase, six suitcase.

Why the hell do three people carry so much more?!

I only needed one to be honest. I could pack two uniforms and maybe some lounging clothes-- as if I'd need them-- as well as my pajamas and other products to keep myself healthy. I could just easily clean them within two seconds. Same goes for my masters, so why in Goddess' name were they bringing so many? Gifts? Clothes? Toys? A HOUSE?

I wasn't sure when it came to Kasper. True to his words, he insisted on packing his own things for the trip, so I stuck to Gavin's packing. I stood in his room as he went through his things, announcing the things he wanted packed while Kasper sat on his bed, neatly folding his clothes into his suitcase while I packed Gavin's for him.

Normally, one would be grateful for this situation. I, however, was not. I was a butler. It was my purpose and having Kasper ignore that purpose irritated me, but at the same time, I couldn't be angry with him. Not only because he was adorable, but because he couldn't help being nice and wanting to be independent.

So I continued packing Gavin's bags as he listed off the things he would be bringing.

"I can't choose between the suit I bought in New York a couple months ago or the suit we bought in France a month ago." Gavin announced in frustration, holding up both suits that quite honestly looked almost exactly alike. However, he wasn't asking me, but Kasper, who looked up with blinking crystal eyes before smiling as he pointed at the one they had bought in France.

"I like the material of that one." He answered. Gavin smiled and nodded, holding the suit out to me. I plucked the suit out of his hands, carefully folding it neatly and placing it into the suitcase as I waited for another. That's basically how my evening went. Helping the lovely couple pack for our vacation.

And by vacation, it was their vacation.

Sure, the hosts would insist I not do work, but Gavin would tell them not to bother. Of course, that wasn't entirely bad.

I'd get bored too easily.

With chores and work to do, I was always doing something and it kept me from thinking, or worse-- falling asleep. I hadn't slept in so long and my head felt dazed. My vision would blank out every so often, but I slapped myself-- No, seriously. I slapped myself across the face hard and woke right back up, then continued with work as if it never happened.

I wondered how long this was going to keep up.

I had never thought Kasper's memories would be this nerve-wracking, but I suppose I was wrong. A shocker that actually left me feeling refreshed. I liked being wrong sometimes. It was those rare and enjoyable moments that reminded me that I had once been human, just like other sorcerers.

But I wasn't human anymore.

At least, not a living human.

Sorcerer in life, lich in death.

It made me wonder what would happen if I gave up holding my natural appearance. Would my skin melt? Would my bones turn to dust? Where would my soul go? Did I even have a soul anymore? What was a soul?

Those things I didn't know. Those things I didn't know if I wanted to know.

So I stopped thinking about them and focused on the preperations for the trip, which included Gavin sending me upstairs to tend to his father before we hit the road. I came in with a refrigerated cart full of blood bags and other little snacks, some of which were human goodies. I let the doors open themselves for me before I came inside, the cart squeaking as I came in.