forty-three

November 7th 2014

Dearest Lucifer,

I know I'm writing this email very late but I miss you and the rest of the boys loads you have no idea. Germany has been treating me well but I've got a flu now so life is all good ain't it? (Sarcasm intended). You are a man of your word and I was actually surprised to see an email from you. No offense.

Germany has been very cold, we live in Heidelberg which is one and a half hours away from Frankfurt. The place is beautiful, we live near the lake and the view is breathtaking, everyone here is nice and very German. They have so much pride, especially my downstairs neighbour Alex. Did I mention we live in a townhouse? It's the cutest thing ever. Alex is orginally british but he lived here his whole life and he's really cool. He's kind of like Michael, I think they would get along very well. He promised me he would take me around Heidelberg when I get better and I'm really excited for that.

As for your song, I hate you. You made me cry during the flight to the extent that the stewardess had to ask if I was okay which I had to make a bullshit excuse and say I was crying because of a stupid movie. The song does mean a lot to me, I remembered all the times. Remember the time when we first met? Wow, I hated you so much. I could've burned you at stake, no kidding. Thank you for writing that song for me, it means so much to me you have no idea, I literally have it framed in a box in my new wooded closet.

PS: Michael dm'ed me about you guys heading off to the UK, have loads of fun! ;)

☆。.:*°

"Dad's already at the restaurant," Melanie said, dabbing her face with more powder, Elizabeth groaned at the fact she had lost the argument and protests from her mom, Rose said she was overreacting and being difficult. Elizabeth just wasn't ready to face him again, she would've gone on a rampage.

"I really don't want to go," She sighed, jumping into her bed and rolling all over it, "I'm so scared."

"You're being really annoying you know?" Melanie scoffed, "He's doing this for you, just do it for mom."

She used the mom card, Elizabeth thought.

"You're a bitch," She shot, she examined herself in the mirror one last time, wearing a black and white triped dress with a belt in the middle, black tights and boots - with a oversized coat and a black beanie.

The walk to the restaurant wasn't long at all because mostly everything in Heidelberg was a walking distance and that made everyone's lives easy - except for Elizabeth's. They made it to a restaurant called ' Zum Goldenen Lowen', Elizabeth didn't know what it meant but all she knew was that the place was adorable. It had a hipster - like coffee bar, picnic clothed tables and LED lights hung around the oakwood scented room. She took a look around the restaurant and that was when she made eye-contact with Marcus (her dad). He was talking to someone infront of him, she didn't know who it was, he had quite long hair and looked like someone that just came out of Disney.

"Hey dad!" Mealnie chirped, giving him a hug. The boy turned towards us and had an uncomfortable look on his face but Marcus was grinning widely.

"Melanie!" He greeted, giving her a massive hug, he turned towards Elizabeth and stepped forward only for Elizabeth to step back and shake her head. He frowned but didn't cause a scene, "It's nice seeing you Lizzy," Elizabeth nodded acknowledging his greeting, Melanie noticed her tense attitude and pinched her arm.