four

(a/n: name @ the top of the chapter means it's in that persons pov)

C A L U M

Being the new kid was unfortunate but I had PE as a first period and I was pretty good at that - to say the least. I've always liked PE, maybe that was why, mainly because it didn't have anything to do with books or a white board. I wandered around the sports hall looking for some things when I heard the sound of a basketball being dribbled.

I peered through the corner, trying to catch no attention and saw a girl who was an average height and her hair was tied up. She looked quite concentrated on the basketball hoop, she made a jog to the halfway line and and started running towards the hoop and landed a perfect lay-up. Even I couldn't do that so I had to find out who the girl was.

I was about to walk over there when I accidentally tripped over a set of hoola hoops and fell straight on my ass and a bottle of badminton shuffles landed directly on my head making me wince. The girl was obviously started by the noise and before I realised, she was jogging over to me panting, "Are you alright?" She asked, grabbing onto my arm and helping me stand up. She looked awfully familiar but nothing rang a bell.

"Ye--yeah, I'm fine. Sorry." I said, trying to balance back on my feet.

"What are you apologising for?" She laughed, wiping her hands on the side of her PE pants.

She had pretty brown eyes and dark brown hair, she was gorgeous and I knew I've seen her before. She bit her lip and that was when it rang a bell.

"You! Its you!" I jumped, causing her to flinch. "The one in the swimming pool! Michael landed on you. I don't know if you remember me but I said something like you were sassy or something and I liked it." Her eyes grew open but she looked terrified. She clamped her hand over her mouth.

"Oh god, this is embarrassing." She said, her cheeks flushed to a rosy - pink, she was adorable.

"No, don't be sorry!" I laughed, pulling her hand away from her mouth. "I'm Calum. Calum Hood. I'm new actually."

"I'm Elizabeth, Elizabeth Tyler that is." Elizabeth laughed, her cheeks still pink."How did you manage to trip over hoola hoops?"

"Oh um," I stuttered, a little embarrassed that was her first impression of me. "I was watching you do a layup- which you mastered by the way like wow a girl who does sports? Fucking amazing. I accidentally stepped back and tripped on the hoola hoop which caused everything including me to fall."

She bit her lip, trying to bite back the laughter which failed miserably because I could practically see it in her face, she looked like a ripe tomato. "Oh god, you saw me play? I must be terrible, I'm sorry your eyes had to see that."

"Don't be embarrassed, you're amazing. Plus, now that we've seen each other in our embarrassing states, I demand we be friends." I teased playfully and she played along.

"Is that so Calum Hood?" Elizabeth asked.

"Damn right it is so." I said confidently.

"Then you could say this is a start of a beautiful friendship." She exclaimed in a very posh tone. "Now come on, everyone's here."

"So you play ball?" I asked as we were dismissed to do whatever sport we liked. It was weird because in Australia we were told to play a sport the teacher had chosen.