twenty-seven

Cuddling.

Cuddling was unusual for me, I've never cuddled with anyone before besides Beth and that's mainly when we watch some sad Nicholas Sparks movies or when we cry about boys which was nothing new. Luke's body was warm against my skin and the butterflies never left my stomach, I was pretty sure there was a life cycle starting in there. The light from my open curtains shone right at my face causing me to disturbingly and unpleasantly wake up by hissing like some sort of mediocre vampire. Luke was still fast alseep with his arms around me, his clammy skin against mine. Studying his features, I suddenly felt a lump in my throat and my stomach started to turn, I lifted Luke's arm from me and rested it on one of the pillows hoping he doesn't wake up or notice my absence.

Vomit started to build up in my throat making me dash straight to my mom's bathroom not wanting to wake Luke up. As soon as I reached my mom's toilet and lifted the toilet seat up, the lump in my throat spewed out causing me to make unhuman gags. I could see myself turn pale and feel my body start to shiver, vomit projected out into the toilet and my eyes started to water. The stench surrounding the bathroom I was in was absolutely disgusting and I was thankful I had shut and locked the door incase anyone had heard.

I propped my elbows up on the seat and flushed the toilet down. I wiped my disgusting bile filled mouth and rinsed my hands. There was a spare tooth brush mom had kept on one of the shelves and as I examined myself, I looked horrifying. My face was paler than it should've been, my lips were slightly lighter than it normally was, my eyes were puffy red with tear stains and my eyeliner was smudging underneath my eye. I felt glad that I had woken up before Luke so I could fix my messy self and look like I didn't just puke out a week's worth of school lunch.

☆。.:*°

After washing up and finally looking a tad bit normal, I went to check up on Luke who wasn't there as I got back to my room. I was scared he came looking for me or that he had overheard my vomiting - that would only make him worry more - I walked downstairs slowly, silently praying that Luke wasn't upstairs searcing for me, my prayers were answered when I heard laughter come from the kitchen, sneakily peeking my head through the door, I found Mom and Luke conversing and laughing over something - probably something I didn't understand.

Not prepared to seize the two, I quietly walked past them trying my best not to capture any attention and slid out to the backyard. I made my way over to the hammock that Dan and I had built when were were younger and was hanging inbetween the two tall Sicklemore trees. We used to sit there -- even sleep there -- when we had our thoughts jumbled up in our heads and we would talk them out, rant, vent - basically whatever that helped get the tension out of the system which sometimes lead to arguments over the stupidest little things and in the end we would just laugh about it. Sometimes when we got too loud, mom would come down and yell at us (at two or three in the morning) to get our butts inside the house and go to bed - she even threatened to cut off the hammock - and we couldn't risk that. It was one of our sacred places, besides the waterfall.

Deciding it was probably time to make an appearence - just so they knew I wasn't dead - I walked back into the house and into the kitchen where Mom and Luke still had their conversation going, I slipped into the stool next to Luke silently, making sure not to interrupt their conversation.

"Hey." Luke's focus turned to me when Mom turned her back to grab her coffee.

"Hello." I said, dragging out the 'o'.