eleven

I knew ignoring Calum, Ashton and Michael was a horrible thing to do but I never meant to, after what happened over the weekend with Melanie yelling at me about my Dan and Luke assuming the most horrible things, I couldn't stand or even look at anyone, I would've just burst. I couldn't even talk to Beth, she asked me once in Geography what was wrong and she told me that I looked 'out of it' and to be frank, I was out of it, all I had to say was "Dan." and with that, she understood. That's what I loved about Beth, she knew everything about me and all my problems, even about Dan and she knew it was a sensitive topic so she left me alone with it which I was grateful to her for.

The fourth period bell rang and I filed my books quickly and hurriedly shuffled my way out of class. I walked down the hallway to avoid any interaction or gaze from anyone but that failed miserably as I accidentally bumped into Michael.

"Oh, sorry Michael." I said quickly, my gaze towards the ground.

"Elizabeth," He sighed. We need to talk." I shook my head quickly and attempted to walk away but Michael yanked my arm back, pulling me towards him again.

"I really have to go, Michael." I lied. "My mom is expecting me home soon, I have a very important--"

"Don't even try making excuses Elizabeth, just talk to me. You were fine last week and now you're not talking to any of us. What the hell happened? Even Calum and Ashton are worried! You just turned into this." He said, gesturing at my body.

"I'm absolutely fine and I really don't know what you mean by this," I shot at him, running my hands down my side, air-sculpting my body.

He huffed, furrowing his eyebrows, he didn't believe my bullshit by a second, his face told all. "No you're not. You're going to speak to me and you're going to speak to me right now. right here, right now. Luke told us about Dan or whoever that you got dumped by. You haven't spoken to Calum and he thinks he's done something wrong and he's been feeling bad so you are going to talk me one way or another." He demanded, his voice didn't sound angry with me, he sounded concerned.

I didn't want us to cause a scene because people around us were already staring. I grabbed Michael's hand and locked it with mine, dragging him through the hallway, pushing past people who were staring at Michael's hand in mine.

"Where are we going?" Michael asked, his feet shuffling behind me.

"You wanted to talk so we'll talk. We're going to the back of school, no one's there at this time." I answered, I didn't look back at him, all I wanted to do was get out before any teachers saw us.

"Won't we get in trouble?" He stopped me, turning me around, I just huffed in annoyance.

"No we aren't, homeroom is next and it's no big deal, come on." I said, he was hesitant at first but he saw my annoyed expression and began walking again.

After walking a few halls, we were outside, I walked over to a red maple tree, Michael following behind me, when we reached i simply sat down underneath the tree. it was my favourite thing in the whole entire school. it was shady and when it was autumn, the leaves that fell were a gorgeous colour and the view just helped me think.

Michael sat down next to week, knees tucked in his chest.

"Tell me what's wrong Elizabeth. Please tell me." Michael pleaded, he really did look worried which was odd considering I've only known him for about a week.