twenty-two

"Elizabeth! Wake up!" Mom yelled from from the bottom of the stairs. I got up with my head pouding and I didn't even know why and that was when I realized I woke up on the floor. If I passed out I would've remembered something but I couldn't remember anything. Nevertheless, I ignored it and went into the shower.

When I was done with the shower, I got out and rummaged through my closet to pick something casual to wear. I got my hair into a bun with no make-up. It was one of those days. I sprinted down the stairs and the pounding in my head got worse.

"Hey mom." I beamed. I didn't know what it was but something struck my head and the last thing I remembered was my name being called before everything was pitch black.

☆。.:*°

A chill ran down my spine as I woke up in an unfamiliar room, I looked around my surroundings realizing I wasn't in my room or at home. I felt the bitter air against my bare back as I noticed I was in a blue hospital gown.

I was in the hospital. I felt the need to toss and turn to find a comfortable position but it was difficult considering that the bed on wheels was only half the size of the queen bed I had at home. I gave up on trying to find a comfortable position and ended up staring around the room, it was composed of white, holey rectangles with random stains of faded brown.

"Hi Lizzy," Mom greeted, entering the room. She had dark bags under her eyes and her hair was messy as if she hasn't showered for days. "How are you?"

"Mom, why am I here?" I asked, completely ignoring her question.

She sighed. "You passed out the other day and you were asleep for a few days now."

"A few days?" I asked. "How many?"

"Four."

"What?" I gasped, I wasn't aware of anything. "How? And why?"

"Stop thinking so much dear," She said running to the side of the bed. "You'll hurt your head."

"What is wrong with me, mom?" I asked, my voice was barely a whisper.

"I think it's best if you heard the news from a doctor instead of me." She reached out for the remote and pressed on the little aid sign.

Soon enough a doctor and a nurse entered the room with warm smiles on their faces.

"Hello Mrs. Tyler," The doctor greeted my mom and then turned to me. "Hi Elizabeth."

"Hi." I shot him a weak smile.

"Hey Dr. Johnson," Mom looked around the room. "Should we tell her now?"

"Tell me what?" I asked, anxious.

"We ran some exams on you for the past few days and I don't know an easy way to say this but we've located a tumor."

I thought he was joking at first but he wasn't, none of them were. I felt panic rush through me and the walls starting spinning again, my breathing hitched as everything went pitch black again.

☆。.:*°

Waking up was horrible. I was in a different anti-septic smelling room but I was still the hospital. My body were attached to all these wires for blood, drips and heart rate monitoring. I tried to move only to wince as there was a needle in my hand.