thirty

"Elizabeth Marie Tyler!" He yelled, opening his arms wide for me to jump and I didn't hesitate to do so.

"Bradley Will Simpson!" I shouted into his ear, we embraced each other tight before pulling away.

"Hi Mrs -- Rose!" Brad greeted mom happily, giving her a quick hug.

"Fancy seeing your here Brad," Mom chirped. "You're in Tristan's band right? The Vampires?" I felt a wave of embarassment hit me.

"The Vamps, actually." He giggled. "And yeah, Tristan's band."

"Oh right!" Mom snickered, slapping her forehead. "Sorry, getting a little old."

"You look like you haven't aged for days," Brad retorted, he knew how to charm the ladies.

"Oh stop it you," Mom chuckled. "I'm going to start and make dinner, are you staying?"

"I wouldn't mind," Brad smiled. "I'm only here for a few days though. We're only here for a pit stop and then we're headed to the UK again. I actually made them come here to see how Elizabeth was doing."

"Aw," I cooed. "What happened to James, Connor and Tristan?"

"They're back at the hotel jetlagged." He sighed. "I'll ask them to come by later though."

"It's up them," I shrugged. "They don't know about the tumor yet."

"How are you doing?" He pursed his lips. "Getting better?"

I shook my head. "Worse."

Before Brad could say anything, mom interrupted us -- which I was kind of grateful for, I didn't really want to speak about the tumor. "Elizabeth!"

"Yeah?" I asked, taking a seat in one of the stools. "Can you run to Ralphs with Brad -- if he wants to go -- and go get me some eggs and juice and a couple of other things on the grocery list?"

I looked towards Brad who nodded and making me groan. "Fine."

"We'd love to," Brad chimed in. "I want to pick up some american snacks before I go back to the UK anyway." I rolled my eyes at his term of 'american snacks', all we had over here were over flavored and seasoned chips that were bound to give him cardiac arrests.

"Let's go then." I nudged him, he looked over the grocery list before getting off the stool and following me out the door. I unlocked my car and got in, Brad following my actions. The first thing he did was rest his long legs on top of the dashboard, his converses brushing against the windshield.

"Making yourself at home huh?" I teased, he winked and pulled out some CD's from the bottom of the seat, I wasn't surprised when he pulled out The 1975 at all.

"It's like you knew I was coming," He commented, pushing the CD into the slot. "You're the best."

"Hey, I need some advice," Brad said nervously. "I met this girl-"

"Get in Brad!" I instantly yelled, mocking his acccent.

He shook his head dissaprovingly. "Okay, first of all. It's only okay if the lads use that phrase. The girls should never use it -- it ruins everything. Second, her name is Indie and she's gorgeous and she has the same music taste as I do and she's just special.""Aw," I cooed. "How did you two meet?""She came to one of our gigs with her friends and she caught my eye in the crowd and I kind of chased after her I guess. It was weird," He pursed his lips. "She wasn't interested in me at all but I kept chasing after her and I guess she's like okay with me now? I really like her."