Chapter 4: Cooking Classes With My Partner, Mr. Charming

Cooking class with my partner, Mr. Charming.

Comment feedback when you're done reading please!

****************************

I put on my perfume before checking my outfit one more time before I left my room. I run down the steps of my home to hear padding against the floor get closer and closer.

I'm immediately attacked by my dogs Bella and Geronimo who were very enthusiastic this morning.

"Hey beautifuls," I coo, bending down to scratch their heads and kiss them. "I really haven't been spending time with you guys huh?" I frown as I kiss Geronimo's head. "I'll take you for a walk when I'm free on Saturday." With a kiss to Bella's head, I walk to the kitchen with them trailing behind me thinking about taking them to the park near our suburb.

"Hey, ma." I kiss her cheek. "Has dad and Dante left?"

"Yeah they left a few minutes ago."

I nod and take a piece of toast and a muesli bar to eat on my way there since I'd be late if I didn't leave now.

"Kae, you didn't even eat yo-"

"Can't mum I gotta leave," I grab my bag and run to the door before she can stop me and tell me how important it is to eat breakfast.

I hear her start her rant and I close the door, blocking off her voice. I put my toast in my mouth and press the unlock button on the key for my car.

I hop into the car and take the toast out of my mouth so I can start chewing it fast before turning the key to the ignition so I can get to school.

*******

I throw the wrapper of my muesli bar into the bin and wipe my mouth before walking into school. Thank god my brother left with my dad, I can't be bothered waiting for his arse every morning.

I run up the steps of the school and give myself a pat on the back for not tripping. I walk to the teachers staff room to see Mrs. Bennett since I don't have maths today.

I look around and see her drinking a coffee as she grades papers. I practically run to her even though I can't be here but oh well. I really need to talk to her.

"Mrs. Bennett." I say breathlessly.

"Oh, Karrueche! How did the tutoring go?" She grins.

"That's the thing, it didn't."

"What?" She says confused, her grin fading.

"He didn't show up, whoever he is."

"I reminded him to go though..." She frowns.

"Well he didn't show up and I waited for 2 hours." I say frustratedly.

She rubs her temples and sighs exhaustedly. "I'm sorry, Karrueche. I really thought he would show up."

"Who is he, Miss?" I say frustrated.

"Mr. Brown. Chris Brown." She finally conforms.

My stomach erupts with all kinds of weird sensations as my throat closes up. I'm lost for words at the confirmation of my predicament. I was right. It was Chris. Chris was my student to tutor. Chris came to the library looking for me not knowing who his tutor was. He expected to see me there in the library but found no one.

I gulp and she looks at me weirdly. "Are you okay, sweetie?"

I nod not being able to find my words. "S-So what happens now?"