Chapter 1: Basketball Towel's & Water Bottles

Basketball Towels and Water bottles.

I groan as I walk into the gym that contains the sweaty Basketball team doing their afternoon training.

Most girls would be happy to be able to sit and watch the attractive basketball team at Essex High play shitless and all sweaty and don’t get me wrong I do, but the girls on the sideline and the jerks that treat me like crap are the reason I dread being the coach’s daughter.

I have to be at every single one of their training sessions, games and workouts. I was what you call the water girl. I hand them their towels when they come off the court, I hand them their water bottles and give them anything they need, so I’m practically their bitch in clearer terms.

The only reason I show up and continue to show up every session walks through the doors of the gym, rocking black basketball shorts and a white jersey with a pair of white Jordan’s adorning his feet.

He gracefully walks in with his black Nike bag on his left shoulder, catching the eyes of almost everyone in the gym. He however didn’t care about the looks because he was used to it or he was oblivious to the fact everyone watches his every move.

He walks towards where I was sitting and my heart pounds in my chest as my palms become sweaty. Suddenly the gym felt as if it were a sauna as he neared me. He wasn’t making eye contact with me though because he was on his phone texting.

I tighten my pony tail and make sure I look presentable before he reaches where I’m at.

He looks up from his phone and looks towards the bench where I’m sitting. A blush creeps my cheeks as he caught me staring. I smile and in a matter of a second a towel was thrown over my head removing the beautiful sight of the schools Basketball star, Christopher Maurice Brown.

I curse under my breath a million times and want to kill myself of embarrassment along with killing whoever threw it at me.

The towel was removed from my head before I could do it myself.

I open my eyes to see Chris standing in front of me and patting my hair down with a frown on his face.

"Yo," he turns to face who threw it at me who I now see was the dick I despise, Johnny Richardson. "That ain’t cool man, she a girl not a god damn towel rack for your sweaty ass."

The blood rushes to my cheeks at the thought of him defending me. This is actually the first time I think his ever acknowledged me.

"Not my fault she can’t catch," he shrugs with a smirk.

I shoot daggers in his direction wanting nothing more then for him to disappear.

"Yo, have some respect Jay." Chris shakes his head and looks back down at me. "You aight?"

"I-I’m f-fine." Fuck did I just stutter? How embarrassing.

"You shaw?" He quirks his eyebrow. "Because with his nasty ass that towel must’ve smelt like road kill."

I giggle and look down at my feet not being able to hold the eye contact. “I-I’ll be-“

"Baby." Squeals the girl I dread seeing everyday of my life. I cringe at the sound of her voice and look up not being able to help myself.

"Hey, Amber." Smiles Chris as he embraces his girlfriend in a hug, completely forgetting me. She pulls his head down to kiss her, well aware that we could all see.

I look away not being able to stand the sight of the guy I’ve been in love with since freshmen year, kissing another girl who I despise and that traumatises me every chance she gets.