Chapter 31: Crazy right?

Crazy, right?

"W-What?" I stutter.

He grimaces and looks back up at the ceiling. "Yep. Chris was drugged up-"

"But-"

"Drugged up by her," he cuts me off with a hard look. "Don't jump to conclusions, girl. My boy would never betray me like that and I can't believe you'd think he would."

"No it's not like that," I frown, "you're choice of wording threw me off."

"My bad." He chuckles and plays with the sheets.

"She drugged him?" I frown at him and my stomach turns at the thought of somebody causing him bodily harm in anyway. All I feel like doing right now is wrapping him in my arms at knowing the reason why he's been glaring her down so much.

"Yeah," he shakes his head, "crazy, right? I mean you hear stories about guys doing that but this girl did it to my boy, like how could she do that? That ain't called love that's called psychotic."

"Agreed," I puff out air I didn't know I was holding, "why did she drug him?"

"To have her way with him," he clenches his jaw, "she was always in love with him but I really believed that she forgot about him and fell for me."

I frown at him and squeeze his hand in sympathy. I know the feeling, August.

"Every time she said she loved me I fell deeper and deeper and ignored all the signs," he scowls, "she played me a fool. She was with me while she plotted a way to get with him and I felt so bad that ma nigga didn't even know what hit him."

"So she drugged him at a party?" I lick my dry lips.

"Yeah. She spiked his drink and he felt dizzy so she offered to take him upstairs," he closes his eyes and tugs his hair, "I thought my girl was doing the nobel thing by helpin' my boy and when I went up with a glass of water and medicine for his headache..."

I knew it was hard for him to say so I just stayed quite and stared at him intensely, desperately trying to find out what happened to Chris.

"I found him groaning in protest that he couldn't move his arms and she was kissing on his neck and trying to kiss his lips," he growls, his chest heaving up and down. "I guess I was more angry that her drive for love ruined her innocence and inner beauty. You'd never believe that she could do that if you knew her, Kae. Like damn."

I clench my jaw along with my little fists as I have the sudden urge to rip her hair out and sock her in the face. I feel like I've finally found someone I hate just as much as Amber. Not only do I hate her for potentially putting the man I love in danger by drugging him and violating him but also for hurting August, a man who loved her dearly.

I hear a chuckle and turn my head to see August watching me amusedly. I blush hard and cast my eyes down in embarrassment.

"Damn, settle little kitten." He chuckles. "Pack away the claws."

"How could someone stoop so low to do that?" I frown and his eyes change emotion immediately.

He pulls me into his side and kisses my head. He hugs me tightly and whispers, "I don't know but I sure as hope you'll be protected away from things or people who posses such evil and cruel activities."

I sigh and move to sit up. "I'm sorry but I gotta go."

He sits up with a sigh, "was it something I said?"

"No, but I gotta go somewhere," I smile softly at him, "I just needed to see if you were alright and wanted to try my luck in convincing you to come back to school."