Chapter 22: Gut Feelings.

Gut Feelings.

Such a long wait and I apologise for it team breezy! I felt so bad but it's just been so crazy lately.

I walk into school with my head down, my eyes concentrating on my Nike Air Max's. They're my favourite kind of Nikes at the moment.

I shrug my bag further on my shoulder as it slips and try ignore some stares I always feel on me lately due to my interactions with August, Chris and Tyga. I guess being friends with the boys basketball team brings you attention.

"Hey!" I hear some girl yell. I look up and see that it's Emily from my health class. She never speaks to me unless necessary which is almost never.

I look back down, thinking she's probably talking to someone else.

"Karrueche, I'm talking to you!" She laughs.

I frown, and furrow my eyebrows as I look up and meet her gaze. She says something to her friends and they nod and walk away, making me lick my lips nervously. I don't talk to anyone out of my social group so excuse my shyness. I just stopped stuttering around Chris.

"Hey, how are you?" She smiles.

I raise an eyebrow and clear my throat, "u-um... G-Good you?"

"I can't hear you," she chuckles, "why do you talk so quietly?"

"I-I'm n-not used to s-speaking to people I'm not f-friends with." I clear my throat and curse my shyness. I thought I was over this.

"Aw, you're a cutie!" She squeaks and I frown.

"U-Um," I whisper, "did you n-need help with something?"

"Oh," she laughs, "no, of course not! What could you possibly help me with?"

I'm guessing that was a rhetorical question so I'll keep quiet and let her do the talking...

"Anyway, I was just wondering how lately you've been seeming to get out of your quiet little shell," she smirks, not a devious smirk though, "been hanging out with Chris and those type of boys from what I've been seeing."

"W-What've you b-been seeing?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Well I was at Chris' house party and at the game," she chuckles to herself, "and I saw that you guys seem to be pretty tight lately."

"W-We're not." I shake my head, my heart pounding and my stomach turning.

"Hmm, sure about that?" She smirks teasingly but her intentions don't seen to be done for torment but more as wanting the gossip on the school's basketball star and the nobody.

"P-Positive." I nod and clear my throat to talk louder. "He's j-just nice to m-me because of m-my dad."

"Hm, probs," she shrugs unsatisfied, "so you're not close with him?"

I shake my head and she chuckles. "Alright, sorry I asked. I was just wondering, you know? Got me curious cause you're so close with Aug so I though that applied to Chris and Tyga too."

"Nope," I say quietly and awkwardly.

"Okay, well I'll let you get to your locker." She smiles widely and walks away.

I sigh in relief at finally being left alone and continue my root to my locker as my thoughts from the weekend resurface.

Chris said he'd be leaving Amber at school today. He told me so when we went to the playground behind the church. He and Amber have been going on for a while now so is he really going to just drop her like that?