Chapter 26: Away Game After Party Plans For Kae.

Away game After Party Plans For Kae.

Karrueche's POV:

"Yo, I realised you haven't been tutoring Chris this week." Lennie nudges me as we make our way to the last practice before the away game this Friday.

I sigh and play with my car keys to avoid his eye contact. "Yeah..."

"Yeah...?" He raises his eyebrow. "So what's up with that?"

"Nothing." I shrug nonchalantly and turn the corner.

"So then why haven't you been tutoring him?" He nudges me again, a frown on his face.

"Len," I sigh, "it's complicated, you know?"

"You haven't been telling me much and I've respected your privacy but now it's getting to me that you aren't telling me anything anymore." He frowns and looks away from me to turn another corner.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, grabbing his elbow to stop him so he can face me. "I don't mean to do that, it's just you know I'm a very closed off person, so I tend to forget to tell you guys things."

"Well I'm not some little pussy that's all into his feelings and shit but I do this cause we've been best friends for as long as I can remember and I care about you like a sister. As your best friend it's like my duty to protect you, you know?" He licks his lips. "But I feel helpless along with Alex when you avoid us."

"I'm sorry, Len!" I throw my arms around his shoulders and hug him with struggle cause I'm short but he's not that tall anyway.

"It's okay." He kisses my head.

"Aw!" August coos teasingly and I roll my eyes. "Now how ya'll gone have a hug without August!"

He hugs us and yells obnoxiously loud, "group hug!"

Lennie laughs and gives August a look as we all walk into the gym that makes August laugh loudly when he catches on to what Lennie means.

"Group hug in the showers tonight," he yells in that guy's voice from The Longest Yard, "or not!"

I laugh loudly as he sounds exactly like the guy that he just quoted from one of my favourite movies 'The Longest Yard'.

"You're so stupid!" I laugh.

He chuckles and pulls me into his side as we walk across the gym.

"How you been, girl?" He smiles down at me.

"Been missing my cooking partner that's for sure." I smirk and praise myself for my sudden boldness.

"Aye, you already know!" He laughs and ruffles my hair which makes me groan and push his hand away.

"Leave my daughter alone, Alsina," my father says sternly yet we all know he's being playful.

August and I look up and see Chris with my dad but his eyes are trained on August and I with a certain emotion I can't put my finger on.

I look away quickly and make it like I didn't make direct eye contact with him. For once ever since I've known him, I don't want to see him or be near him.

"Coach, I keep telling you she can't keep her little hands off of me!" August exasperates.

"Locker room, now." My father rolls his eyes.

"Wanna come watch me change?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

My father pulls me into his chest and glares at August in warning to go get changed.