Chapter 3: Player ways

Chapter Three

Zeno

As I walked out of the prison I could already see the black Camaro sitting in the driveway patiently waiting on me just like how I planned. I didn't suffer through five years of prison for nothing if anything I was going to get back at the people who put me in this bitch in the first place and that was Xavion, that fuck nigga, that man created the beast in me for five years. I wiped my horrible beard and looked at my reflection through the window; I wasn't supposed to look this way in any type of situation even in jail. A fucked up gun charge got me in this shithole in the first place, even though I was initially supposed to face ten years, with the right lawyers and a lot of yelling and getting connections it took me down to five.

I walked out of the building and headed to the car which was already blasting my mix tape that got released the day I was put into jail. I just smiled from ear to ear and opened the car door looking as Avant bobbed his head to the beat repeatedly. Just something else that I left in the past.

"But I'll be damn if a nigga try to kill me!" he rhymed along with my voice then looked at me, "Zeno! What's good?" he said then lowered the music and I shook my head.

"Man take me to a mall, can't be found like this. Then lets hit the mall," I answered and he shrugged his shoulders and pulled out of the prisons property back to my civilization.

As we drove along Avant handed me my phone and I nodded my head and smiled from ear to ear. Shoot, if it wasn't for Avant a nigga would have been seeing more years in jail because of that phone. Avant and I have been best friends since we were in high school after fighting the damn principal which landed both of us to be partners in crime for the rest of our lives.

"Damn nigga you stuck around with this phone?" I looked down at me outdated Samsung galaxy and shook my head.

"Man the way your hoes and everyone else was hitting you up, I had no choice," he answered and chuckled, I swear this nigga had my back before anyone else. We rode the streets together and killed together and without him I would still be sitting in jail wondering what else to do in life.

I scrolled through my phone of the outdated phone numbers of hoes that I used to mess with who most likely deleted my number only because they have done found a new big man in town to tend to their expenses or sexual wise. I wasn't that into buying hoes gifts unless the head was one hundred percent great. I continued to scroll and saw Mic name looking dead at me and immediately thought of business along with Santana under his name, I really had to look great before I tried to go and discuss business. Right under Santana was my on and off girlfriend Trina. I just looked at her name and deleted the number; I wasn't in the mood to have someone on my team who barely even cared about me for the years that I have been gone. I didn't give a fuck about people who wasn't there for me like they should be. If you couldn't write a letter or send at least five fucking dollars in a nigga commissary then why would you be put on the team?

"You heard from Trina?" I asked and he shook his head no.

"Man last time I heard from that chick was when she was getting with one of Xavion workers," he explained and I nodded my head.

Then she goes and mess with the other side? Yeah she could catch something for all I care, all I wanted was for her not to go and mess with me because there was going to be a whirlwind of embarrassment for her.

"Don't fuck with a hoe ever Avant, bitches aint shit," I said shaking my head and he pulled into the mall parking lot and looked at me.

"Man I learned that shit so long ago, you see a nigga aint get no bitch plugged yet," he joked and I burst out laughing giving him dap.

"Keep it that way," I said and he nodded his head and we both got out of the car and walked into the entrance of Nordstrom. It's been a minute since I looked like something decent. I walked out of the prison with Levi jeans and a black tee shirt and black timberlands, the same shit I got arrested in and now I'm walking in a expensive ass store with the same shit from five years ago. I was surprised that I still fit the shit five years later.

As we walked through the store I already knew that all eyes were on me especially being a black man dressed like a hood nigga walking through a high class store questioning that I could barely afford anything in the store but I had my money through business and drugs but people never knew that. They didn't need to know all that about me just the money I give them to pay they damn bills. Avant reached into his pocket and took out two stacks and handed it to me and I smiled from ear to ear. Main reason he was my nigga, the money was never going to disappear.

We headed to the jewelry department and looked behind the glass and saw a legit Movado watch that was looking at me in the face. All of them were legit, I don't know what my obsession was with jewelry but it wasn't something that I wanted to do professionally.

"Hi, do you have the rose gold Movado watch?" I heard a voice ask and looked up to see this beautiful girl standing next to me.

"We do maam for five hundred," the associate answered and he smiled showing these pretty teeth and her lips made it even better.

She bit her lip and looked at the watches yet again, "Okay I'll be here tomorrow to get it."

"Excuse me, I'll pay for it," I answered as I peeled off five hundred crisp bills and handed it to the saleswoman and she looked at me.

"Excuse me? I don't even know you," she answered and I smiled as the lights from the jewelry department made her caramel skin glow so brightly and her light brown eyes sparkle into mine.

"Zeno and your name is?" I asked and she laughed turning to another who already had her attention exactly on Avant.

"Why did you need to know my name?" she questioned putting her hand on her hip and raised her brow. She was very sassy, it fit well with her.

"I just want to know the woman's name that I'm buying this watch for."

"And I won't give it to you because I don't know you."

Even the fact that she was putting up a fight with me, made it even better.

I smiled, "You do this to every guy you meet?"

She rolled her eyes and smiled, "Every guy I meet is not trying to buy me expensive watches."

"Syn come on, the movie is gonna start in a few minutes," her home girl said and she looked over at her and groaned loudly making me laugh. Syn, now that was a very unique name.

"So Syn, what do I have to do to give you this watch without you reaching in your cute little MK purse?" I asked and she looked at me.

"Nothing, I got my own money to spend unlike using a man's who I barely even know, thanks but no thanks," she walked away grabbing her home girls hand and heading out of the store and I looked as her slim body sway out of the store which had me on edge even more, maybe it was just the lack of sex or me being somewhat attracted to her. Whatever it was, I was going to her.

"Oh the young lady left her phone," the saleswoman said and I looked down at the pink phone that lit up with her picture and grabbed it and smiled, maybe God was on my side in this situation right about now.

"I'll give it to her no worries maam."

I put the phone in my pocket and walked out the store already knowing where she was going to be next and that was the movies. I don't know if it was a sign but it was working.