32- The Better Man

Chapter Thirty Two

Game

After discussing the plan with Zeno and Bria, I had to hurry up and drop Bria off at home and  pick up my fit from the warehouse. Just on my way to bring Bria home I was already starting to feel nervous as hell. My palms were sweating bad.

"Game," Bria said, "When the fuck were  you going to tell me that you messing around with your brother's girl?" she questioned and I looked over at her.

"I mean I didn't know I was going to have to tell you just like you not telling me that you was fucking around with my homeboy girl," I said.  She rolled her eyes taking the black and mild from behind her ear and reached in her purse taking an all white lighter from the pocket and lit it.

"Tokyo came onto me not saying a single fucking word that she was with your boy. That's my reason, what about you?" she turned to me exhaling and the nasty smell of the wine Black and Milds filled my nostrils and shook my head at her.

"Same as me. I didn't know that Syn's boyfriend was Zeno, Shit I feel bad a little bit but I'm not going to lie to you. She's different from other girls that I have ever met. You know me Bria. A nigga has never  been in love," I explained.

"Right about that shit," she slick mouthed and I playfully pushed her.

"I'm serious Bri, a nigga don't feel this way about any other woman. There is only one girl that I really love and that's Gia but I want a woman that I can look at and be like man that's mine. I want her to be my Queen and I always make her feel better when shit is going a bad. Then talk to her when she needs an ear to listen."

"Basically being the best man you can be," Bria said. I nodded as we pulled into the parking lot of the Men's Warehouse, I really had no choice to take her with me since I was running late.

Everything in me felt bad about fucking around with Zeno's girl behind his back but the way that my heart was set up I was falling in love for the first time. I was going to have to fight him if I had to. I wasn't going to miss my chance at having a true love. I spent countless years trying to be happy when it came to being in a relationship but it all came up short until now.

I walked into the store, said my name and immediately got my suit. I speed walked back to the car and gently laid my suit down on the backseat.

"What?" I said getting in and starting up the car.

"I think you should tell Zeno. I mean he is your brother. Maybe he'll understand." She explained and I looked at her with a mug. At this moment I wasn't messing with Zeno's girlfriend, I was messing with Mayhem's girlfriend. Mayhem was the crazy motherfucker. But what people didn't know was that the only person who could calm down Mayhem or at least beat him at his own game was me. As kids we constantly fought and fussed over shit like money or business but never over a woman so this was going to be different. I knew that both of us were going to do shit that we never expected to do.

"He was my brother," I said and pulled out of the parking lot heading to Teresa's house already expecting bullshit but I wasn't going to stress it.

As I pulled into Center Courts I could already see a bunch of people crowding Teresa's house as if she had something going on. Which made me question  what the hell she was doing in the house with my daughter in there? I parked the car as Bria stared at me. She opened the passenger door knowing that she was going to have to hold me back from putting my hands on Teresa because I sure as hell was. As I got out of the car and slammed the door everyone looked back at me ,whispering amongst each other. Where the hell was Teresa's mom while all this shit was happening? I rushed through the crowd and saw Teresa's mom screaming and crying with Gia in her arms as Gia constantly fidgeted in her arms with her eyes in the back of her head. She was having a seizure but what did everyone do while she sat there and cried? Took out their phones and recorded everything. I looked behind me and saw Bria on the phone with 911.

I didn't even know what to do. I looked down at Gia and just felt crushed because she was this way and I had no idea what to do. I immediately kneeled down by Gia as silent tears streamed down my face. My heart beat faster as I rose up and punched the concrete wall before walking inside of the house immediately looking for Teresa's dumb ass. In all honestly she had me on edge to the point where I would've really killed her ass.

I walked through the house into her room and saw her knocked out on the floor naked. I huffed and puffed as tears constantly streamed down my face. I heard sirens nearby and just silently prayed that Gia was okay. I stared at Teresa and the lines of cocaine that were on one of Gia's fucking books.

I lifted up her naked body, drug her to the bathroom and laid her in the tub. I blasted the cold water and her eyes shot open. I grabbed her by her hair, looking her dead in her eyes.

"Teresa I swear on everything fucking limb in my fucking body if my daughter doesn't make it in that damn hospital. I swear to God, Teresa," I grabbed her face as she still looked at me dazed and confused. I scoffed slamming her back down on in the tub as her head hit the edge of the tub. I walked back outside of the house where they were putting Gia into the ambulance and police were getting rid of the crowd.

"Excuse me sir, I was notified that you are the father of the child." the EMT said and I nodded my head, "Do you want to ride with us so you could be with your daughter?" I looked over at Bria and handed her my car keys.

"I called Syn, She said she's on her way," Bria said. I knew that the date wasn't going to happen after this fucking stunt Teresa pulled.  I  walked with the EMT, got into the back of the ambulance and sat next to Gia holding her hand and kissed it. I looked at her. Her eyes stayed closed as if she was sleeping which really put me on alarm but I still held her hand and stayed by her.

Once at the hospital they immediately admitted Gia into a private hospital room.  I  sat there for about an hour looking at my daughter. She still haven't woke up which was making me nervous. They did test after test and still haven't woke up. I was worried.

"Hey," I heard a voice and looked up as I saw Syn with a book bag in her hand. I got up and she dropped her bag, running into my arms. I couldn't help but to break down and cry.

"That bitch tried to kill my daughter, my only daughter man," I sobbed and she rubbed my back. We both sat next to Gia's hospital bed. She held her right hand and I held the left.

"How she been doing?" she asked then the doctor walked inside. Her name was Doctor Shamil, a very nice West Indian pediatrician who really kept me feeling good at this hard time.

"Mr. Anderson, the tests came back and like we really thought  Gia might be in a short term coma," she said and I clenched my fist looking away trying to hide the tears that were starting to form around my eyes, "But we are hoping that she wakes up in the next seven days. As far as the cocaine, there was another substance in there that we were still taking tests on," I looked down at Syn who stroked Gia's hair and kissed her on the forehead. "She will be okay. She's in great hands and she has a wonderful father."

I smiled as she walked out of the room. Syn walked over to me kissing me softly on the lips.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"For what?" she asked.

"The date. I was supposed to really just make it awesome to show you that I care for you."

"You showed me that you cared the first day. She's your number one. I know that losing her could really hurt you in a way where you can't breathe or even function. That's your baby."

"Hopefully you'll be the number two in my life."