49- Maybe A Dream

Chapter Forty Nine

Syn

I sat and looked at Avant as he explained the whole situation. My brain was scrambled. I looked at him as he cried and struggled to breathe while trying to explain.

"He's dead man. This some fucked up shit!" I felt sick to my stomach and closed my eyes to pray.

"What the fuck you mean he's dead Avant?" Game yelled as his face turned red. He punched a hole into the wall. I looked at him just studying how mad he was. It was the same face he had when we were back in the hospital.

"I heard two gunshots and walked in the store. I saw who killed Zeno written in blood on the fridge walls in the corner store but his body wasn't there. I fucking killed the store owner out of anger!" I walked over in the fridge, taking a bottle of water then handed it to him.

"What do you mean his body is not there?"

"Before I could even grab my gun and run back in the store his body was gone. I asked the owner what happened. He said they knocked his ass out and took the video surveillance but some dude who was hiding in the corners said they shot him in the damn head. This fucked up! My fucking best friend man. Xavion murdered him." I sat on the couch looking at Avant barely even noticing that tears were falling down my cheeks.

"Strap up man. I'm killing him once and for all. He stepped over the mufucka line!" He screamed as tears streamed down his face, "I want him twelve feet under."

"It won't work," My brother said as he finally lifted his face.

"Why?" Game shouted and Santana shook his head in disappointment.

"It was easy doing what y'all did to Jamal and Trina but right now Xavion knows what to do. He's beefing up security and making sure that anyone affiliated with us has a reason to leave him the fuck alone. We stick to the plan and lay low until Xavion thinks he doesn't need the secret service around him the whole time."

The whole room turned silent. As much as everyone looked shocked, I didn't want to believe it. It just didn't sound like Zeno to even stand down, let alone let these dudes kill him. But Xavion did exactly what he did to Mic.  He killed him and it was a matter of time before he was at the doorstep dead.

My hands were shaking so much to the point where I had to take slow deep breath stopping myself from stressing this baby out. The baby that could be Zeno's. If he was the father, how was I going to tell my child that his father was shot in the head because of a drug war? Honestly I couldn't even think straight because of it.

"Nadia and Syn could make the funeral arrangements. We will make some deals and have some cash flow coming through," Santana pitched. I looked at him in disbelief thinking about what the hell he just said. I wasn't ready to plan no funeral. Especially one of a person that I knew.