Chapter 9: I'm Back

Chapter Nine

Zeno

I hated walking around with no damn car. It made me feel poor as fuck with no damn life. After taking the bus and being dropped off in North Miami, it felt like being somewhere I'd never been. Walking by myself made it worst. Walking would get me spotted by Xavion's people and having them to point me out, which would mess up the plans we had for three nights from now. If there was one thing I didn't miss about being out here was the hot ass weather. Even at eighty five it felt like sitting in a damn sauna, unlike me just chilling in my cell.

I walked down the block, wiping my forehead with my arm which was drenching, and slowly my fit was soaking up the sweat. I stopped and stood under one of the bus stops and took a small break. I needed a car 'cause sitting here and waiting on buses and walking blocks was upsetting.

After two minutes and regaining my energy, a black on black charger pulled up beside me, making stand back slowly. I didn't have a gun on me so I was ass out at the moment.

The driver rolled down the window and exposed my ex, Trina. She was driving a car that I knew she couldn't afford. Xavion must've gotten it for her because her ass never wanted to work a day in her life. Even if it simply answering the phone at a salon, she thought she was too good to do it. She felt that with her body and her stature that she was too good to work. Honestly she wasn't that cute. She was pretty, thin, tall and dark chocolate which complimented her almond shaped eyes. When I met her she was just a hot headed ass chick who loved to fight. I thought she'd be good at my side. I told her to leave the streets alone and she did until a thot got inside her ear and told her about the thousands of dollars I was banking. She told her that she didn't have to work because of it and Trina listened. I kept her around after that because if I let her go then she was going to an accessory. Five years later she ended up being Xavion's bitch.

"Zeno?" she asked, pulling down her sunglasses. Then she licked her lips.

I nodded and continued my walk to my boy's dealership. It was only three more blocks away so I sucked it up and sped up my pace. It was either stand there and engage in a conversation with the trifling ass bitch that left me once I got in jail, or walk and get a whip to prevent more situations like this. I chose to ignore the bitch. Word was going to get around that I was back into the game. Once I got into the dealership I looked around to see if I saw Trina anywhere around 'cause I knew she was going to have all of Xavion's niggas on my ass. Since the coast was clear I went inside the dealership and into Jay's office. He sat there going through papers.

"Jay still out here doing big shit huh?" I yelled as I walked up to his desk.

He looked up at me and shook his head. "They let your ass out man? I thought you were going to be in for a little longer?" He got up to give me a handshake and I laughed.

"You know what Xavion did. Tried to pin some heavy shit on me, but I had lawyers to give me some smaller time. What's up? You still got the cars I asked for?"

He turned around and went into the safe to take out the two sets of keys to the Two Camero's I requested while I was in jail. "You know how many people tried to buy those two babies? I had to put a 'not for sale' sign on them."

We both left the building out of the back where the garage was. There I saw my two Camaro's— red and black— my two favorite colors. One was for my everyday life which was the red, and the black was for any personal business. I never wanted people to come around me when I had the black car. It just showed that I had a life outside of this dealing shit.

"I got paper tags on both and the insurance is paid off for the year like you asked. Which one you want me sent to the crib?" he asked.

I dapped him up. This was the reason I fucked with Jay, because he kept everything in order with me and was always precise with every little thing that he did. If it wasn't for him a nigga would be still be taking the Jitney.

"I'll take the red one cause right now I have to look for a place, then I'll get the black Camaro," I said.

He handed me the keys and I unlocked the doors. When I got in I started it up. The engine sounded so nice to the point where it made me smile. I pulled down the window and looked at Jay. "I'm back in business man. It feels good."

He walked over to the gate to open it and I sped off.

I turned on the radio and blasted the sounds of Young Jeezy. I bobbed my head as I rolled past Barry University where a woman was looking at my car from across the street. I stopped at the red light and saw her again and she made me smile. Syn was walking with her friends down the block, looking like those school girls from the R&B as they laughed. I stared at her and I was spaced out, ignoring the car horns blowing at me. I quickly made a U-turn and ended up on her side where I rolled down the window.

"Syn," I called her.

She rose a brow at me while her girls looked back and forth between us.

"Who's that Syn?" one asked.

"He is cute!" one chimed in.

Syn groaned. "No one. Just give me a minute." She came over to the passenger side and gave me a mean face, but it looked cute on her with her scrunched up nose. "What you want boy?"

"Where you headed?" I asked.

"Gonna go meet with Whitney in the parking lot so I can go home."

"I'll take you home." I unlocked the doors and she studied me. "I aint gonna do nothing bad. Just come on. You got a free ride. I bet you have to pay Whitney some gas money."

She looked over to her home girls. "I'll see you guys tomorrow morning alright?"

They all waved as she got into the car. "You steal this car?" she asked and I raised the registration paper with my name on it. She rolled her eyes.

"What?"

"Don't pull no funny shit, got me?"

I put the car in drive and pulled off. I couldn't make any promises.