44- Brothers Bonded

Chapter Forty Four

Game

Next Day

It was like every time I drove to the cemetery, the image of my mom getting killed played over and over again. All the shit that I was going through, sibling problems, drug problems,  another child and marriage, the anniversary of my mother's death just slipped my mind. More than ten years ago, I lost the only woman who took care of us even with a fucking pimp at her side. A pimp who was the father of my younger brother who got killed seconds later. Me and my brother practically grew up together only to be ripped apart from money and love.

I parked right in front of the cemetery lot that my mother was buried in. Word was that a man paid for my mother's funeral. Nobody ever knew who he was and I never even bothered to find out who he was. People just said that he was from North Carolina.

I grabbed the bouquet of flowers and walked through the pathway to her tomb. Whoever this dude was spent money on my mother and cared. It was a black and grey granite bench that had Toni Anderson in cursive and three fresh bouquets of roses sitting on top of the bench. I wondered who it was.

I sat my flowers on the ground right in front of the bench and kneeled down on both knees taking my cross out of my shirt and kissed it.

"How much you paid for this?" I heard a voice and looked up to see the last person standing right next to me. He wore a white tee shirt and black jeans and some white Nikes as he gripped onto the white roses and looked at the bench full of roses.

"I didn't pay a thing, some man did," I answered.

I looked at my brother. For years I took care of him and was there for him when things were roughest. I've killed people at the solid age of seventeen just to make sure that he was fine. I knew that if I died I knew that I died to make sure that Zeno didn't do the shit I did but years later both of us did it side by side.

"Heard about the baby too. Shit just real crazy at the moment." I knew that this was going to happen, the somber conversation of knowing that either of us could be father.

"The years we haven't been talking were the years I wondered what you had been doing. Then to find out that you have been in jail showed that I failed as a brother. We got into this stupid ass argument and during those five years I realized that shit wasn't right. So I came back, I already knew about Xavion and his bullshit games but I didn't know about Syn. The first day I looked at her shit changed like I knew that there was practically some type of love there. Barely even knew that she was yours and honestly I'm sorry."

"Momma always told me one thing and that was to always keep peace, especially in between brothers. You remember when them two ladies started fighting over Nutty even though he was with momma?" Zeno asked as he sat next to me and I laughed just at the thought of the fight. It honestly felt like it was just last night.

It was two hoes who were also sisters that Nutty also looked after when we were kids and the same two hoes always fought over him. My mom just stood there and took care of us not caring about those women or Nutty.

"You remember she said"

"No matter what ever happens brothers will never fight or argue but despite whatever happens to always love one another."

"You're happy huh?"

"Honestly yeah. Syn has to be the happiest woman I ever met  and I  could actually be happy with life ever since mom,"

"I felt the same way about her too but the way that you feel about her is something so strong that you are smiling and don't even know it."

He took out his hand and I shook it.

"We cool?"

"We cool, most def. but what about the baby?"

"We'll just find out when the baby comes but let gets this straight. We're gonna stay brothers no matter what."

We were brothers; we are banded together for life.

I gave him a hug then walked back to car.

"Game!" he yelled and I turned around. "We need to holla at Xavion. Fuck nigga can't sit there and talk shit forever."

The infamous brothers are back.