Chapter 15 Pt1 Out with the old, In with the new

Chapter 15 Pt.1- Out with the old, In with the new

The flight was long, awkward and mostly silent. Ambrose and Dalton sat in the front where as Perseus and I sat in the passenger seats which thankfully was decent space away from those two. Poor Bronx was gagged and chained to his seat in the far end. I kept glancing back sympathetically. I wanted to help him, I really did.

“Go see if he’s alright.” Perseus smiled encouragingly.

I nodded feeling mild relief wash over me, I waltzed over to the back of the plane where Bronx was chained to the chair as I sat in the seat next to his. His mouth was taped shut and his hands were cuffed together then again chained to both sides of the arm rests. I gently pulled the tape off of his mouth and slowly began to play with the lock on the cuffs using a bobby pin. To be honest I wasn’t even sure that I could pick the lock but for some reason apart of me thought it was a good idea.

I glanced up at him and pressed my finger to my lips so he knew not to say anything that the others could hear.

“How are you feeling?” I asked, pretending to make small talk.

“My gut feels like it was kicked in.” He let out a small groan.

“Other than that?” I needed him to go on while I did this so it wouldn’t seem suspicious.

Quickly I glanced around and Perseus was likely eavesdropping but not making it obvious by looking our way. I fidgeted a little more with the pin, feeling the inside of the lock sort of familiarize.

“Oh well, other than that everything’s peachy.” He winked at me before catching on to the distraction.

“Your friends are a bit over dramatic. Where are they taking us anyways?” Bronx became the lookout guy, keeping his eyes pealed and monitoring Perseus very closely as I continued playing with the lock. The center lock clicked and opened, I moved onto the individual cuffs that were  chained to the armrests.

“Not sure, someone’s expecting us. I trust Perseus, he won’t let anyone hurt you.” I felt really guilty because a small part of me trusted him - likely the part that was bonded to him, I knew he wouldn’t hurt me but I had a feeling he wouldn’t hesitate to hurt Bronx the first chance he got. However the two vamps up front made me curious. The asshole one seemed to be on awkward terms with Perseus but unfortunately we weren’t on decent terms either so it’s not like he’d help me out anymore than Perseus would.

He just didn’t understand that I needed to do this on my own without him interfering. It wasn’t that I specifically preferred Bronx but the fact that my history was as much a secret to him as it was to me, it made me feel like he was neutral. Plus, no offence to Perseus but he sort of suffocated me and even though I didn’t know myself that well, I knew that I wasn’t that type of person- or well maybe I became that type of person when I turned into this, I wasn’t entirely sure.

Bronx shook his head, indicating that he wanted me to stop what I was doing since the one vampire with blonde hair made his way towards our direction. I laid back in the seat a little more and pretended to be deep in conversation.

“So any ideas on how  I could stop myself from becoming like those Renegades?” I looked at Bronx, refusing to look directly at Dalton as he came over towards us.

“Who you are- you’re not like them. You’re stronger.” Dalton spoke causing my eyes to wander to his as he smiled before sitting in the seat in front of us, turning to face us.

“So I’m told. Everything’s still a blur and a certain someone isn’t telling me anything.” I couldn’t help but think about Perseus and that other man who refused to be of any use to me.