Chapter 11 Kidnapped pt 1

I closed my eyes tightly and felt my whole body tense. I had no idea what to expect, it’s not like I made it a habit of having my memories taken away. I just had to have faith that all of this would work out in the end.

“Trinity wait!” Perseus barged in and ran over towards me.

Quanta looked between the two of us before deciding to step back. “I’ll give you two a moment.”

As Quanta walked out leaving Perseus and me alone I practically rolled my eyes at the timing.

“Alright fine, if you don’t want to follow through with my favour I understand. Really. So can you just leave so I can get this over and done with?” I crossed my arms and watched him, feeling exhausted at how draining all of this had been on me.

“So that’s just it? You’re just going to let him take away every little thing that made you who you are?” Perseus lacked the understanding and I lacked the time to explain my reasoning- not that I really had to.

“Pretty much.” I folded my arms looking ever so annoyed with Perseus.

“So are you going to do my favour or not?” I stood there in front of him, not showing how torn I might have already been about doing this.

“Of course I will....It’s just...” Perseus’ eyes lingered on mine before looking away and began to turn around to walk out the room.

What was he going to say? Apart of me began to walk after him but somehow I found myself at a stand still.

“It’s just what?” I whispered, my words coming out barely audible.

“ I just don’t want to lose you too.”

Perseus sounded like a little boy, scared and vulnerable. I knew that feeling all too well. As he stood there, with his back still turned to me I moved closer and reached my hand to touch his arm.

“Hey, you won’t lose me. I’ll just be a less sarcastic, pg- version of myself.” I shrugged teasingly.

“Besides once this is done I’ll be let out of the vamp rehab and we can go back to fighting crime. Eliminating the evil that threatens to ruin our world- one bad guy at a time.” I added mockingly while trying to get a reaction of any sort from Perseus.

Perseus slowly grinned and turned to face me. “That simple huh?”

“That simple.” I gave him a quick hug before shoving him out.

“Hey Quanta, let’s get this show on the road.” I hollard out of the hut, while impatiently awaiting Quanta’s return.

I paced and sighed, then paced again and continued to sigh- which annoyed me to pieces but I was unable to do anything else.

“This won’t hurt and if it did- well it’s not like you’d remember. ” Quanta waltzed back in ever so casually.

“That’s reassuring.” I cocked my head in his direction as I sat back onto the cot, watching him very carefully.

“Close your eyes.” Quanta whispered as he bent into a crouched position and pressed his palms over my temples and I shut my eyes so tightly, it felt like I would explode at any given moment.

I felt things start to drain from me, at my first it was my energy. I felt something foreign trying to penetrate into my mind and I did my best to fight it off. I didn’t want to but the terror that came with all of this- everything that went on in my mind was completely subconscious. I felt a little more at ease and I became very tired. That’s when I felt the motion of hands moving me into a laying down position on the cot and the rest I suppose was soon to be history.