Chapter 2- Tough love

Chapter 2- Tough Love

We didn’t drain her body entirely, Dalton made a fuss when she had lost a lot of blood so it    ended far too soon for me. I don’t think there would ever be enough blood to fully satisfy me anyways. The girl was passed out as I slung her limp body off the bed rolling her carelessly caused a  big thud when she hit the floor. She didn’t wake up, she’d likely sleep for hours before waking up and even then I’d bet she’d be pretty sketchy from blood loss, I was sure Dalton would get rid of her before daylight.

Dalton sat on the bed and was about to wipe off the blood that had dripped onto his chin when I leaned over and traced my tongue over the blood. Dalton almost seemed a little frozen in surprise but when my lips made their way to his he didn’t push me away or even stop kissing me. At first it wasn’t sexual, it was only blood lust- if anything it was more animal instinct that just sort of took over. It wasn’t until Dalton pulled me onto his lap and pulled my chest against his that things quickly became heated. Our kisses were sloppy as our hands roamed each other’s bodies in almost a desperate sort of way. I hadn’t been with anyone but Ambrose and to believe he wouldn’t be with anyone since me -especially since he supposedly loved me, well it made me beyond crude and furious.

Dalton....poor Dalton deserved better than this. If he stopped and asked me to stop then I would but only for him. I didn’t care and maybe I’d care when I got my soul back- but then maybe I wouldn’t. It was all a chance in the gambling world and right now I liked my odds.

Dalton ripped my shirt off before tossing it aside and flipped me over onto the bed before pinning me down with a force I haven’t seen from him before. I had no idea how rough he could be, but somehow it made me enjoy this more. I began to unbutton his pants When Dalton pulled back slightly so he was able to talk.

“Us having sex is a terrible idea.” Dalton almost seemed torn.

A crooked smile played on my face. “ I know, all the more reason to do it. Trust me, Ambrose is worried about me because he cares about my well being, that’s all. He doesn’t love me - not anymore.”

I masked what I really felt but I didn’t think even Dalton would buy that but  it was enough to feed his guilty conscience. I went to slide his pants off when a buzzing sound had gone off in his back pocket, I pulled out another cell phone and almost laughed. He really did have other phones, typical, always prepared Dalton. I handed it to him and he sighed heavily when he read the caller display.

“Dammit.” Dalton cursed before flipping the phone open.

“Yes.” Dalton seemed consumed with guilt, he went to sit up and I followed him so I could hear their conversation.

“Where is she?” Ambrose still seemed worried but clearly showing his worry in ways that I clearly didn’t approve of.

“I’m right here.” I muttered before pulling the phone out of Dalton’s hand and putting it to my ear.

“What do you want?” I was more annoyed than anything else. I didn’t need to talk to Ambrose because there was nothing he could tell me that I wouldn’t know- or make a difference.

“Well seeing as we haven’t talked in weeks, a hello would be nice.” Ambrose’s less than humorous attitude made me feel a little better knowing that I at least got under his skin.

“Hello. Goodbye now.” I went to flip that phone shut -with more ease this time, but Ambrose almost shouted.

“Hang on a damn second Trinity.” Wow the phone wasn’t close to my ear and I was sure that even Dalton had heard because he began to sit up and fix his pants.