Chapter 3 pt 2

Chapter 3 pt 2

I wasn’t sure how long I was out for but when I came to again my skin felt sticky and tight, the blood had dried up and from what I could tell the little wooden pins weren’t there anymore. My body felt mostly healed but I still ached all over and my arms were exhausted from being chained up. There was no way this was a dream, I needed to get free to figure out where the heck I was and then I’d find Dalton and Manu.

I tried to pull the chains free again but notice that I was starting to burn out my energy more quickly than before. It must have been because I haven’t fed since I was in the hotel and I don’t even know how long ago that was. My time perception was awful and I could have been here days -completely unconscious. I had to brace myself for the idea that Dalton could be dead, I found my stomach clenching just at the thought. I closed my eyes and began to concentrate on melting the metal chains enough to slide my hands free. I knew this hadn’t worked out so well the first time I tried it but I wasn’t going to give up.

The metal began to heat up and turn a coppery- orange colour but the second it came on contact with my skin it began to sizzle. Nothing but the scent of burnt skin filled my nostrils. Upon making a face, I bit down on my bottom lip and force my hand to try and loosen the chains enough to slide out. I was not going to scream.

“What did they do to you?”

Right away I felt my ears had deceived me, I couldn’t see Dalton but I would have recognized his voice anywhere. It was strange though he was somewhere in here, but I couldn’t feel his presence. Even now I didn’t sense anything, but either way I swung my neck around trying to see Dalton.

“Dalton?” My voice surprised me as it was filled with panic and relief all at once.

He walked over from the distance as he held a torch in his hand, coming from behind. He walked closer towards me but almost cautiously. This wasn’t normal for Dalton but maybe he was trying to be careful, God only knows where we were.

“Where were you? What happened? I don’t remember how I got here and Kassandra-” I was all over the place, with hundreds of questions and I did the mistake of assuming Dalton had all the answers.

When he went to touch my cheek, I wondered what it was he was waiting for to set me free. He was just brushing his cold fingers across my skin and watched me as though I was some strange phenomenon.

“Dalton!” I snapped at him as I swung my body foreword to snap him out of whatever daze he was in.

“Dammit Dalton, now is not the time to play games. Help me.” I whined in irritation before fiercely struggling to kick him to snap him back to reality.

Dalton’s awe expression that had filled his face switched to a darker one, an unreadable one. He looked a little dumbfounded, I watched him in horror. What did they do to him?

“I- I can’t help you. I’m sorry.”

“What do you mean you can’t help me? Dalton, we need to get out of here.” I begged him, my eyes pleaded with his for something  -for anything.

Dalton began to pull away, distancing himself from me. Almost stumbling back, as it to realize there was something physically stopping him from helping me. He swallowed sharply before reaching into his back pocket to grab a blood bag.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I shook my head.

Dalton’s facial expression looked beyond hurt. He opened the blood bag and brought it over to me as he held my chin to keep the packet in place so I could drink. I shot him a furious look and struggled violently, even more so than before.