Chapter 18- Renaissance pt 1

We drove for about a half hour and came into a parking to a much swankier, and clean looking hotel called the Maritimes Hotel. Thank god, I couldn’t picture spending a night in  a place like that cockroach infested hole we were just at. Anything was better than some cot in some shack somewhere in the wilderness in Africa. At least I could focus on that, any distraction was a welcomed one. I didn’t know what exactly happened but Bronx was gone and that left Ambrose and myself all alone in a hotel room. It sure didn’t help that I had some recollective memory of Ambrose and the startling part is that it wasn’t so startling.

“This place up to your standards princess?” Ambrose teased as he parked the car not far from the entrance.

“Why yes, I believe it meets my requirements. Clean, new and well now that I think about it, there is one thing wrong with it.” I pursed my lips together and pressed my index finger against it, trying to look deep in thought.

“What’s that, love?” Ambrose turned to face me, while unbuckling his seat belt.

Why was he wearing a seatbelt? I mean if we crashed it’s not like either one of us would die. I gave my head a shake and refocused.

“You’re here.” I pretended to look appalled, but secretly I smiled.

“Why believe it or not, at one point in time you would have begged to have me alone in a hotel room with you.... the things I would have done to you....” His husky voice trailed off into thought meanwhile I was becoming more startled and more hot and bothered than before.

I knew exactly what he would do to me and I felt like a hot mess the more I thought about it. I tried really hard not to let his words affect me. I didn’t hesitate before getting out of the car and heading towards the entrance.

“I want two rooms. Preferably far apart from each other.” I muttered to the check in guy.

“We only have one room. It has two beds though?” He watched me nervously, I could feel his heart racing and his hands shaking.

“We’ll take it.” Ambrose handed the clerk a credit card.

“No we won’t.” I turned around crossing my arms across my chest. I was not going to share a room with Ambrose, not if I could help it.

“”Yes, we will.” Ambrose barked, giving me a very unimpressed and don’t f*** with me look.

I smiled and mumbled an okay. As the guy handed him a room key that read five, I marched over towards the door that read four and knocked.

A fat, bald man wearing a white wife beater shirt and brown trousers answered the door, looking boggled but then his eyes lit up when he saw me.

“What can I do for you sweet thang?” He eyed my chest like a kid eyed toys on christmas.

“Hi, I was wondering if you could go spend the night in your car so I could use your room.” I smiled and his sweet expression fell.

“Are you insane, it’s freezing out.” He mumbled about to close the door when I stopped it with my hand.

I sighed heavily. “Give me your room key and go spend the night either in your car or in a ditch- I don’t really-” I was interrupted by Ambrose’s hand on my arm, looking pissed. This actually made me really smile, how I found him amusing and intimidating all at once was beyond me.

“Go back in your room. You never saw us.” Ambrose slammed the door shut and shoved me up against it.

“Listen, Bronx is after you so you’re going to stick with me whether you like it or not until the others arrive. Got it?” Ambrose looked down at me with hardened eyes.