Chapter 9 pt 2

Chapter 9 pt 2

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to laugh or cry so basically it was a mixture of both. I just wanted this to stop, the pain on the inside and the instability  that clearly showed on the outside- I’ve officially hit a plateau. I closed my eyes and tried to empty my mind so I could concentrate. I couldn’t erase everything so I tried to bury it somewhere in the back of my mind, and the further I pushed things the  more numb I felt. This could have been a bad thing, but given my situation this was a plus. I stood up and dried myself off. Finding a pair of sweats, I got dressed and as I was towel drying my hair I heard the hotel room door swing open, I cocked my head since I was about to see out of the bathroom since there was no longer a door there. I saw Dalton looking flustered and covered in dried blood.

I moved towards him and he just shook his head at me looking completely annoyed.

“Alright Trinity, next time you want to piss off Ambrose- please leave me out of it. If I get my ass handed to me I’d rather it be over something I’ve actually done wrong.” Dalton grabbed a wet cloth near a bowl on the vanity to wash the blood off of his hands before drying them as his bruises seemed to very slowly fade away.

“You don’t think what we’ve done was wrong?” I didn’t even know what to say to that, I wasn’t sure why we did what we did. Spur of the moment, maybe.

“We didn’t do anything. What’s gotten into you?” Dalton watched with a lack of understanding before shaking his head.

“Hallucinations. That would explain the senseless babbling about love before passing out.” Dalton let out a soft laugh.

“What? No I was not hallucinating. It was real, you and I were- well you know.” I looked over towards the bed where my other clothes should still be on the floor by the bed and I noticed it was entirely bare. My clothes were neatly piled by the bathroom and the bedsheets along with Onya’s body were gone.

I closed my eyes for a second trying to think back, it had to be real. Meanwhile Dalton seemed to get a rise from this.

“So what did we do exactly?” A sly grin was plastered on his seemingly pleased face. “Was I everything you thought I’d be?” Dalton teased.

I gave him a “ don’t screw with me” look. “Hardly.” I scowled before sitting on the bed.

I placed my hands in the center of my lap. “So we didn’t have sex?”

Dalton shook his head. “ Not to my knowledge.”

“And I just told Ambrose we did?” I couldn’t even get over the idea of admitting to something I hadn’t even done. Maybe if I told Ambrose that I was just hallucinating about having sex with Dalton- that I hadn’t really, well maybe he wouldn’t be so upset. Who was I kidding, he always thought there was something between us and my hallucination was proof enough of there being ‘something’ there.

Dalton patted my back. “He was a little more than angry,so I would assume you did. On the plus side you know he still has feelings for you.” Dalton pointed out, trying to be optimistic.

“How did I end up naked in the shower then?” I was still not entirely convinced.

“When you passed out  I carried you to the bathroom and ran the water hoping it would wake you up. Meanwhile I had to dispose of well- you know, in case the humans noticed anything. I was lighting a cigarette when Ambrose used me as his own personal punching sack while cursing profanities.” Dalton checked the time on his cell phone, seemingly rushed.

“Why do you keep checking the time?” I asked annoyed when a bigger question popped inside my head.

“Wait- you completely undressed me and just left me in the shower?” I eyed him curiously.