Chapter 15 pt2 Out with the old, In with the new

Chapter 15 pt2 Out with the Old, In with the new

When I woke up there wasn’t a single thing familiar around me. I was on a double bed, laying on pink satin bed sheets, surrounded by a large, wooden canopy where similar pink drapes hung. It looked like a thrown, the way the oversized, dark oak colored banister swallowed up the room. Sitting upright, I pulled the drapes asides to see an older modelled room with dark, wooden flooring, a vanity and dresser set with night tables all matching the canopy and a silk-like white colored walls that almost made me want to touch it to see if they were as soft as they looked.

I sighed heavily as I looked around. This was better than the outback with the cot and lack of basic necessities. I wasn’t going to let this beautiful room fool me, I was still here against my will with a task I still had to accomplish. However, with too many unknown factors I had to play nice, convince Perseus to help me and come up with a way to get Bronx out. I walked over to the vanity where a bowl of water and a cloth were. I stood in front of the mirror and essentially this was the first time I’d get to look at myself clearly. I could have been pretty if it weren’t for the pale skin and the strange eyes. I wondered what I looked life before all of this, and just that thought made my insides churn. I wasn’t just frustrated  or sad that I couldn’t remember. I was deeply, insatiably furious. Everything was taken away from me and now I don’t even have so much as one nice memory to take comfort in.

Just as I put the cloth down after wiping my face I noticed a picture tucked into the corner of the mirror. I went to pull it free and as though my wish being answered the picture was of three women and one adolescent girl. Imprinting the photograph into my memory I looked at the beautiful exotic brunette with chocolate eyes and the fairer one with blue eyes. They sort of looked similar but they both wore tattoos on their wrists. There was a blonde with ocean blue eyes with something mystical about them just watching you. She wore a greek styled dress with little white flowers braided loosely into her hair. It took almost a minute for it to sink in that she was me. I looked so....innocent and pretty. There was a smaller blond girl by my side who looked like she could be a mini-me. It almost made me laugh. I seemed so normal and happy, so what happened?

There was a knock at the door so I quickly folded the picture and stuffed it into my back pocket before turning to the door as it creaked opened. My guard fell a little when I saw that it was only Perseus.

“You startled me.” I let out a small awkward laugh.

“Sorry. I came to uh- bring you something to eat.” Perseus smiled before stepping into the room.

I almost jumped with joy, food. I hadn’t thought about food with everything that was going on, feeding was the last concern I had. The second Perseus mentionned it, I craved maybe hamburgers and fries and a milk shakes. I would kill for a milkshake.

My face fell when Perseus held out a small vile with red liquid in it. Oh no, no no no no no. I was not going to have that nasty blood. I bolted past him in a rush and realized I was at the top of a staircase and quickly went down. I passed one woman and when I got down I looked around to find some sort of kitchen. There was Dalton and Ambrose and two females that seemed familiar but right now I was focussed on one task at hand. Food. Real food, when I saw a stove and fridge past the foyer I bolted towards it without glancing back. I was being rude but I felt my hunger rise.

“Trinity, what are you doing?” Perseus trailed down the stairs as I heard his footsteps follow me.

I opened the fridge to see a sandwich sitting in a container and another one with sliced fruit in it. I snagged those and moved to the counter to open them. By now there was a crowd standing in the foyer with strange, confused expressions on their faces.