(163) Daddy Chu's Illness can be Cured

"Your Highness, this is the protective charm I obtained in the temple for the two of you. It has already been blessed by the monks, it will bless you both with a safe journey."

After eating together, Mother Chu took out two red colored protective charms. She said this to Xiao Xu with some hesitation.

After all, this was something she went to request on her own initiative. Xiao Xu was the prince of this country, his identity and status wasn't the same as other people. She was worried he wouldn't accept it.

"Many thanks to Madam Chu." Xiao Xu didn't hesitate as he accepted it and put it in his sleeves.

Such a natural and elegant movement, even Chu Qing-Yan who understood him gaped at this.

Whereas the Retired Emperor bit his chopsticks, looking at this scene in disbelief. His grandson that never accepted other people's gifts, how come his temper suddenly changed?

Mother Chu also didn't expect this, but seeing there was one less protective charm in her hand, for no reason her heart relaxed. This Highness Prince Ying doesn't seem to be as unreasonable as the outside rumor says ah!

Chu Qing-Yan saw her mom staring blankly in place, and her hand couldn't help but stretch out to accept the other protective charm. She smilingly said. "Mother is really good, I just so happen to lack one. Afterwards on the way, whenever I see this protective charm, I would think of mom and dad."

"I also have a parting gift to give you guys. I also have one!" One only saw Daddy Chu take out two small knives that had been grinded until they were very sharp from his chest pocket. Then with a bow of taking credit, he placed it in front of them. "Look, these are daggers. I learnt about it from Block of wood. I was very diligent so you guys can have it on your body for self-protection oh!"

Chu Qing-Yan's tongue tsked silently. Such sharp looking knife blades, don't know how Daddy hid it on his body.

She was just about to extend her hands to accept it when another pair of hands were faster than hers. She suspiciously watched as Big Block of Ice placed the daggers in his sleeves. Could it be that he'll store it for her?

Xiao Xu said in his heart, this knives' blades were too sharp, it's best that he asked Wood Spirit to make two suitable scabbards. Otherwise, based on this little guy's careless temperament, she might hurt herself.

The Retired Emperor almost bit his chopstick in two. When did his own grandson accept gifts so straightforwardly? This simply poked his eyes until he was blind.

But in his heart, he felt this was also a good thing.

At least before, this person that was unapproachable and floated around like an immortal who had just fallen into the world of mortals. Slowly, he would experience the human society in mortal world and would no longer seem that distant.

However, the Retired Emperor still felt his heart was somewhat uncomfortable. These two outsiders, how come they made more of an effort than him, his flesh and blood grandfather ah? But truth be told, he really didn't prepare any good stuff. He could only dryly say. "Then how about this, Xu'er, Yan girl, the day after tomorrow when you guys leave, remember to call me."

"Why?" Xiao Xu raised an eyebrow to ask.

"I will be going in the same way as you guys so let's go together!" The Retired Emperor lightly coughed as he said. He couldn't just directly say he was hanging on to catch a free ride ah!

Xiao Xu looked at him with a knowing expression. He remained silent this, which could be considered as tacit agreement.

Chu Qing-Yan rubbed her head in puzzlement. Didn't the Retired Emperor say he was going west to visit a good friend? How did it change to be on their way?