(63) Whatever You Want, Buy Buy Buy

Just now, when Chu Qing-Yan was on the horse carriage, she had already discovered the booth of the person kneading candy. So, when Xiao Xu agreed, she immediately rushed over like an 'out of control' wild horse.

Gu Rong and Gu Yi were even more disgusted, where would you find a person who didn't say anything and just walked ahead of their master, and even scampered off this quickly?! Originally, they thought Master would scold her for being undisciplined and without rules. However, seeing Master's expression, it seemed as if he simply did not mind Chu Qing-Yan's actions that exceeded the rules. The two people could only stifle their dissatisfactions and not utter them.

Chu Qing-Yan ran to the front of the booth and stared impatiently at the craftsman, like a lot of the other kids who were about the same age as her were doing. One only saw that the craftsman dipped a bit of oil and lightly brushed the stone slab, with a delicate copper spoon, he then scooped out a little bit of syrup and slowly tilted it, letting the syrup slowly flow out. The craftsman immediately lifted it up, and the golden sugary thread was then suspended in mid-air. Following tightly behind, his wrists nimbly flew up and down, don't know how he did it, but a vivid and lifelike little monk appeared. After waiting until the candy figure cooled to set its shape, the craftsman added two little syrup dots on top and very quickly stuck it to a bamboo skewer. In passing, he stuck it on top of a haystack and continued to repeat his actions all over again.

Chu Qing-Yan watched until she was dazzled by it. This was the traditional culture passed down since ancient times, containing the deep profoundness of five thousand years of culture. She gasped in admiration. Before, when she toured the ancient city, she had also seen someone else do it, but he wasn't as skillful as this craftsman, with so many more patterns. Looking at the candy figures that gradually increased on the haystack, there were animals, plants and flowers, and she couldn't help but be captivated.

"Cough, cough——"

Chu Qing-Yan was startled back to her senses by the voice of the person at her side. She turned around and discovered Gu Rong looking at her and Gu Yi's really ugly expression, before Chu Qing-Yan recalled the person behind her.

She was somewhat annoyed, how could she have forgotten about him?

Don't know if he got angry or not?

Chu Qing-Yan slowly turned her head to look at the person behind her and secretly looked at his expression to see if he was going to get angry or not.

Xiao Xu, who had stood with hands behind his back, was originally looking at her staring earnestly with her two big eyes opened wide at the craftsman's every single move. She was the spitting image of a naive rabbit who held a kind of novel feeling towards everything. Now, she turned her head around with a 'wanting to curry favor' expression to look at him. Xiao Xu didn't have any child-rearing experiences, if it was like the past, he simply wouldn't be able to figure out her thoughts. However, after looking through the child-rearing classics that his subordinates had given him, he would often take it out to research and feel about for the knack to the instructions. At this time, he recalled something that an advisor had written before, whenever a child sees candy, his eyes would give off light. He would always act like a spoiled child throwing tantrums, shamelessly demanding for the adult to buy. Once in a while, you could buy a bit for the child to have the sweet taste of success.

As a result Xiao Xu raised a brow, "Want it?"

Chu Qing-Yan momentarily couldn't keep up with his thought process, "What?"

And the old craftsman inside the booth had already noticed these uncommonly-dressed people from before, but because they gave off an aura of 'strangers should not approach', from the beginning, he hadn't asked. Now, seeing the head noble male speak out, that craftsman immediately greeted them with a smiling face, "Honored customer, which one do you fancy? I'll help you get it."