(115) Mental Struggle with Earth Spirit 'ding, ding, ding'

She had no choice but to say that although Earth Spirit's training methods were somewhat harsh, undoubtedly the desired effect was achieved very quickly.

Chu Qing-Yan who from the begining was swaying after only maintaining the horse stance for one stick of incense, was now as steady as Mt Tai after three sticks of incense worth of time. Moreover, nowadays she wasn't panting for breath with her stomach hurting after running twenty laps around the courtyard. Now she could complete it easily.

With regards to Chu Qing-Yan's progress, even Earth Spirit was astonished. For him, it was as if the completely useless waste of a material could now be used as a pillar to rely on.

But Earth Spirit didn't relax her training just because of this, rather he increased the amount of training.

Although Chu Qing-Yan mouthed her complaints that he was too strict, however, no matter what he said, she would follow his instructions and to do it without a complaint in her heart.

She knew that to obtain something, she was required to put in a lot of effort.

Only that the training became incredibly difficult because Earth Spirit increased the amount.

Both legs wrapped with sandbags to run around the courtyard. Compared to running without weights, it was much more strenuous.

This day Chu Qing-Yan had just tied sandbags weighing 2.5 kg on each leg and was just taking a strenuous step when at Prince Ying Manor's gates came the lively footsteps of Daddy Chu.

"Hey, watering the flowers?" Daddy Chu waved his hand towards servant A.

When that servant A saw it was him, he immediately spread out both hands to protect those rare flowers and plants. He said trembling. "Chu, Great Lord Chu."

Daddy Chu's lips twitched. Was it just because he picked several of his flowers last time? Really stingy!

"Hello, wiping the windows ah?" Daddy Chu greeted servant B.

When that servant B said it was him, he immediately covered his pockets with his jacket and stood there precariously. Trembling, he said. "Chu, Great Lord Chu, this slave doesn't have any candy!"

Daddy Chu's lips twitched. Wasn't it just because he snatched several pieces of candy from him last time? Really stingy!

Daddy Chu continued to walk forward, and when those servants saw it was him, all of them hid. Those that couldn't hide stood there properly trembling, everyone of them had received a greeting from Daddy Chu.

If you are curious why the servants in Prince Ying's manor were so afraid of Daddy Chu, just casually grab a servant and ask. He may respond like this. "Don't just assume based on his foolish appearance that Great Lord Chu is easy to bully. In fact, when he really becomes foolish, he is like a super strong typhoon full of destructive power!"

Look at those servants' frenetic appearance, Fire Spirit guessed, afraid that typhoon level Daddy Chu has come again.

As expected.

"Hey, white ghost!"

Speaking of the devil, he appears.

Fire Spirit's body stiffened as he slowly turned around, he suddenly saw a long strip of something fall down in front of his eyes. He cried out loud and quickly fled up the tall tree closest to him.

Daddy Chu rubbed his nose, somewhat puzzled as he waved the straw rope in his hand. He said in puzzlement to Fire Spirit who held onto the tree. "Why did you run? This is merely a string ah!"

Fire Spirit lowered his head to look, sure enough it was a rope. He wanted to cry but lacked the tears as he looked at that seemingly innocent Daddy Chu under the tree. A burst of dejection came from his heart. "Honorable father in law, could you please stop scaring people all the time okay? This subordinate's heart is small and can't handle being scared!"