(103) The Meaning of The Summons from The Palace was Difficult to Decipher

Chu Qing-Yan looked to the sky and gave a long sigh, she could only be resigned to her fate and go change her clothes. This Western Xuan emperor didn't summon them earlier or later, why did he give the order at this time?

Chu Qing-Yan took a glance at the color of the sky. Could it be he wanted to keep her and Big Block of Ice to eat dinner?

Cherishing this thought, she finished changing her clothes and then got on the horse carriage that was going to the palace.

"Big Block of Ice, you say, is there a reason why His Majesty passed on this summons?" Chu Qing-Yan was unable to contain her curiosity, so she raised her head to ask the person who was currently resting with his eyes closed.

Xiao Xu indifferently replied. "This king is also not clear."

"Big Block of Ice, then you tell me, what kind of person is your father the emperor? Is he easy to get along with? In a while when I get there, what should I say? What shouldn't I say?" Chu Qing-Yan suddenly started to feel nervous. Only now did she start to be aware and feel that she was about to go face the person sitting at the peak of power in Western Xuan empire, the one that killed to seize this power.

The regent was someone that lived in history books, on TV and in movies. She never thought that one day she would have the opportunity to see this person alive.

Chu Qing-Yan, who was sunk in her own emotions, didn't find out that when she asked this question, the expression in Xiao Xu's eyes changed slightly.

What kind of person?

In fact, he also didn't know. After he turned ten, his impression of his father the emperor became more and more shallow. Whether his father the emperor had ever boasted or praised him, whether he recognized him, whether his face exhibited affection for him, he had forgotten everything. Or perhaps, it could be said he didn't have the inclination to recall them once again, subsequently, it was also forgotten in the depth of his memories.

It wasn't until the little girl in front of him opened her eyes wide to look at him, that he was finally able to pull out of this train of thought. "Speak less, less mistakes. Don't do it, won't be wrong."

Chu Qing-Yan stared blankly. Was this like Big Block of Ice's way of dealing with other people?

However, when she was staring at Xiao Xu, she discovered that his eyes bubbled up with another kind of mood, unlike the coldness and cheerlessness he had normally. It had a bit of melancholy. Her heart couldn't help but clutch up, she shifted her body to lean over to him. Then very carefully, she said. "Big Block of Ice, what's wrong with you? Did I say something wrong?"

Xiao Xu lowered his head and looked into her eyes. Clean, clear and penetrating like a bent stream with water so clear you could see the bottom. A peculiar, deeply grieved emotion that boiled up from her heart and slowly dispersed out like a stream. He lifted a hand and stroked her head in comfort, and softly sighed. "That's the reason I said, speak less, less mistakes."

"Tsk!" Chu Qing-Yan's face immediately turned away, Big Block of Ice was teasing her for fun!

Xiao Xu's lips bent slightly, his originally bad mood became better. However, this girl seemed to be more and more free in front of him. Could this be considered a good thing or bad thing? Xiao Xu was somewhat doubtful.

At this moment, the horse carriage suddenly stopped advancing forward. Chu Qing-Yan immediately looked toward Xiao Xu.

Gu Yi's voice came from outside the carriage. "Your Highness, it's Second prince."

Second prince? Xiao Yao? That prince with the reputation of being uninhibited and licentious?

Suddenly, an image of a male who loved to his heart content and wasted his energy with lascivious pair of eyes flashed through Chu Qing-Yan's mind. She heard that this prince didn't love to rule a country but loved beauty. Therefore, Chu Qing-Yan had a matchless curiosity towards this excessive, licentious second prince.