(124) Becoming The Most Important Existence

Ice-cold fingertips, but the center of his palm had a slight warmth.

Chu Qing-Yan stared in disblief at the long and strong finger that pulled her towards him.

"Big Block of Ice?" She raised her head and mumbled.

Xiao Xu pulled her hand over and placed it in the center of his palm while carefully examining it. Her fingers were full of scratches, some had even turned red. His heart tightened. "How did you get injured?"

Chu Qing-Yan was embarrased and wanted to withdraw her hand but was firmly gripped by him. No matter what she couldn't move it, so she could only smile in embarrassment. "Really clumsy, got it when lighting the fire."

Xiao Xu took a glance at those little golden steamed bun things, and suddenly felt they were really pleasing to the eyes. Only, his heart felt a bit numb and prickly. "Where's the handkerchief?"

Although Chu Qing-Yan didn't know what he wanted to do, she still obediently took it out from her sleeves.

One only saw Big Block of Ice accept her handkerchief, then help her carefully wipe clean the ashes on her fingers. Afterwards, he conscientiously wiped clean the blackish powder on her face.

Chu Qing-Yan stood in place, looking at him blankly. Don't know from where he conjured the golden sore healing medicine, she lowered her eyes and saw him carefully apply the medicine for her. Suddenly, a phrase appeared in her head, a conscientious man was the most attractive. Right now, she couldn't agree more with this phrase!

Big Block of Ice wore a mask, so she doesn't know what he looks like. But now that he was willing to lower his head to apply medicine for her, in her heart, he had far exceeded those people that relied on appearance to live.

"Recently, why have you been so nice to this king?" Xiao Xu who was carefully applying the medicine suddenly asked.

Chu Qing-Yan stared blankly, immediately laughed insincerely to say. "Big Block of Ice, I have always been nice to you ah!"

"Speak human words." Xiao Xu took a glance at her and continued to apply the medicine.

Chu Qing-Yan coughed lightly, she just knew she couldn't fool him. Only, she never expected that he would ask.

"Last time in An Intoxicated Night, the lip mark on my face was done by those Misses when I wasn't careful. Don't be angry, I didn't get corrupted. Really, I swear!" Chu Qing-Yan lifted up the other hand to pledge.

"Oh."

Oh? What kind of response was this?

Originally she was waiting for him to scold her, but there was only an 'oh'.

Why was it an oh?

Why?

"Are you still mad?" Chu Qing-Yan could only think of this answer.

Seeing the medicine had been applied to all the injuries, Xiao Xu withdrew his hand and without thinking replied. "No."

Chu Qing-Yan was puzzled, that was strange. Then why did Big Block of Ice seem strange before? And he didn't want to see her. Could it be her own misperception?

Xiao Xu looked at the still puzzled Chu Qing-Yan, his heart felt slightly dry. How could he tell her that that day he waited a long time in the manor and when she still hadn't returned, he couldn't endure it and asked the subordinates. He went to An Intoxicated Night to find her and didn't expect to see her having so much fun that she forgot to go home. All of a sudden, it made him feel that without him, she could still live very well. If he passed away, he reckoned she wouldn't even think of him. At that time, he was stunned by his own thoughts, didn't know why he would have such thoughts. Therefore, he turned around and left.