(102) You're at The Large Table, I'm at The Small Table

Having returned to Prince's Manor, Chu Qing-Yan's heart felt uneasy. She directly passed by the corridor and walked to the door of the study. At this time, the door to the room was wide open so at one glance, she was able to see that person's figure sitting behind a desk. It was as if her heart had found something to rely on and she immediately walked over to him.

Xiao Xu heard the sound of her footsteps, he didn't lift his eyes while saying. "Returned after getting lost?"

Chu Qing-Yan's footstep paused, her complexion was somewhat unnatural. Big Block of Ice was really annoying, his skills at mocking a person had indeed grown with each passing day!

"I didn't get lost. I was just a little bit not careful...." Chu Qing-Yan thought for quite a while but didn't know how to continue.

Xiao Xu smoothly helped her continue the sentence. "A bit not careful and lost all the servants while walking? You really have skills ah!"

Chu Qing-Yan smiled embarrassedly, then she walked to his side. Her head leaned in to look at the book in his hand. It was a book on the art of war, and she pouted her lips. "Everyday getting up early to go to morning court, returning home to read books and write words. Don't you feel this is too boring?"

Xiao Xu lifted an eyebrow and took a glance at her. "In some people's eyes, this is a kind of enjoyment!"

Chu Qing-Yan did not pay any heed to him mocking her. She was idle so she leisurely walked around the study.

"Come over here." Xiao Xu suddenly said.

"You have some matters?" Although Chu Qing-Yan asked this, her body still spontaneously and voluntarily walked over.

"Select one by yourself." Xiao Xu took a glance at the pile of books on his desk.

Chu Qing-Yan didn't know what he intended. But she still randomly took out a book from the pile on his desk, 《Three Character Classic》? Then she took a glance at the other books, 《Rules for a Disciple》,《The Analects of Confucius》,《Mencius's Classic on Confucianism》....

"To do what?" Chu Qing-Yan waved the book in her hand in front of him and asked in puzzlement.

"Read it carefully." Xiao Xu, seeing her idling her time away all day long, felt that if he let her continue like this she wouldn't be able to achieve anything. Because the books on his bookcase were too profound and deep, he was afraid she wouldn't understand it, so he ordered people to collect some reading material suitable for children to give to her to read.

"Are you telling me to study these?" Chu Qing-Yan asked in disbelief.

"You have objections?" Xiao Xu replied with a question.

Chu Qing-Yan recieved his powerful pressure and didn't dare say she had objections. But she had already read 《Three Character Classic》since she was young okay? The books on this table don't give her any pressure at all okay?

However, if she was to report the facts, would Big Block of Ice look at her as if she was a monster!?

And at this time, Bai Hu walked in bringing two servants that were carrying a desk and a chair. After paying his respects to His Highness, Bai Hu directed the servants to place the table and chair properly.

Chu Qing-Yan stared stupefied at that table and chair that was smaller by one size than the ones Xiao Xu used. She suddenly had a bad premonition. Is there still time for her to steal away if she left now?

With one glance from Xiao Xu, she stood straight and at attention.

"In the future, you will read books and practice writing in here."