(109) Each Tried to Outwit the Other in Creating Disturbances

Both hands were tied with rope, those palace people had all been trained on this. They were so strong and sturdy that she simply didn't even have the strength to struggle.

Nanny Rong's large hand was on her shoulder, roughly holding her down. She was pressed down onto the long bench.

Her body was young and tender, she simply wasn't these people's opponent.

Her shoulder hurt painfully, both knees were forced onto the bench. In an instant, both of her legs stiffened. She bit down on her teeth and didn't allow herself to yell out a single word.

No martial arts to defend herself, and also didn't have the power to say no.

She suddenly felt she was too woeful. In the end, she felt she hadn't adapted to the rules in this age to survive. Therefore, she was always getting caught up in predicaments through freak combination of factors.

A red misty muslin dress appeared within her eyesight. She lifted her head slightly and just so happened to meet Concubine Yue's lightly mocking gaze.

"That day on the street of the capital, you were not bad in extending a hand to save that woman. But have you ever thought that today, who would extend their hand to save you? Little doll, sometimes you mustn't be too naive. Today, this palace will teach you some principles of how to conduct yourself."

That day, she had already received the news from her younger brother. Chu Qing-Yan dared to oppose their Fu family. Maybe because she had Xiao Xu behind her, she would dare to be this presumptuous. Therefore, she couldn't let Xiao Xu's power to once again expand like a flame!

"Concubine Yue Niang Niang, you are treating a ten year old child like this. Won't your heart feel very apologetic?"

Although the heart was sorrowful, right now the most important thing was to save herself. She was already trapped, the only thing she could do was to stall for time. Delay time until Big Block of Ice could come and save her. Otherwise, based on her current body's condition, she didn't know whether she could bear the fifty boards.

"Feel very apologetic? What does being a ten year old count as?" Concubine lifted an eyebrow and smiled cruelly, like a beautiful poisonous snake. "Ten years ago, this palace was..." She had just opened her mouth to talk when Concubine Yue saw the glittering light in the depth of Chu Qing-Yan's eyes. Suddenly her words stopped, how could she so easily let the matter from ten years ago slip out? The huge fire that year was a plot she personally executed. It was only a pity he still escaped it. But it was still almost like having him crippled.

Chu Qing-Yan suspiciously looked at her, what happened ten years ago?

Concubine Yue bent down, wearing an affectionate expression as she extended her hand wanting to caress Chu Qing-Yan's face. But Chu Qing-Yan turned her head and avoided her touch, Concubine Yue didn't get angry, only said soft and tenderly, as if dripping blood. "Are you planning to stall for time to wait for Xu'er? Rest assured he won't be able to return within the next hour."

Afterwards, Concubine Yue got up and ordered the person standing in attendance. "Carry out the punishment!"

"Concubine Yue!" Chu Qing-Yan suddenly said.

Concubine Yue halted mid-step, turned around and look towards Chu Qing-Yan. "What else do you want to say?"

Chu Qing-Yan pursed her lips and looked towards her, her pupils were bright. "To mete corporal punishment for selfish reasons inside the palace,even if it's the Empress it's also forbidden. Concubine Yue, are you trying to use your position for personal gain?"

Concubine Yue bent down, lifted a hand and lightly patted her face. But her tone carried a trace of smugness. "Girl doll from Chu family, who do you think this palace relies on to sit so steadily in Moon Palace?"