Back in the Woods

*Photos above are what Sabrina paints for art class*

I shifted, which has been getting a lot easier lately. It's not painful anymore. I ran through the woods, weaving through the trees and bushes. I scared countless amounts of birds, giggling as they flew off.
I come to a stop at the lake that Andi took me to. I get a drink and lay down. After a few minutes I walk into the water to cool down. I smell something, and it's not good.
My ears perk up, and I stand still, listening for danger. I see movement in a bush nearby, and I know that whatever is there knows I sense them.
Out of nowhere, five wolves jump out of the trees towards me. I start running my way around the lake, keeping close to the water.
Hunter yells in my head. "Sabrina! Think of rage! Summon the fire within you! That's the only way you'll be able to defeat them! Hurry." She says in a panicky tone.
"Um... okay?" I respond questionably. I think about the hunters than killed my mother. She didn't do anything to them, she was just trying to raise me. But they thought she was going to attack the town, so they shot her.
Flashback
I am barely listening when the officers tell me that my mother's body was found in the woods. They say that she was shot, mistaken for a tiger. But I know what really happened. I slam the door in the officer's face. I lean against the door and cry. I cry tears of anger.
Her being shot made me lose both of my best friends in one day. Sam, my best friend, and my mother. The day I had to leave to go to Willowbrooke, Sam gave me his favourite hoodie. The one that I wore on my first day of school, which has Cookie Monster on the back.
   I had to leave him, and I'll never get to see him again. And I never get to see my mother again either. Those hunters ruined my life.
   Flashback over
   By this point, after recalling losing my mother and Sam, I'm burning with anger. But it wasn't the only thing burning. The grass behind me was in flames, stopping the wolves from coming any closer.
   I'm terrified, and the more scared I get the higher the flames climb. "Hunter! Where did those flames come from??" I ask her, insanely worried.
   "Don't worry, you kind of... have fire powers. Your necklace your mom gave you? Yeah. That sorta stops you from setting shit on fire every time you get mad." She tells me.
   "And you though now was the right time to tell me this?" I feel her nod inside my head. I know that these wolves are kids from school. So that makes them less scary. I focus on the fire, before making it rise up super high.
   It catches more things on fire, and while the wolves are distracted I jump into the lake. I surround them with the flames, watching from below the surface.
   I focus on keeping the flames up as I quickly swim across the lake. When I get out, shake off, and then hide in the woods, I drop the fire barrier.
   The wolves seem confused, but relieved. They sprint back to what I'm assuming is their pack. I ran back home, and shifted when I got up to my room.
   My dad was gone on another trip, so I had the house to myself for the week. I decided to paint some things on my wall, and then invite Andi over to help me with studying.
   She came over half an hour later, and we did our homework due tomorrow for math, history, and English.
   "So Sabrina, when is your birthday?" She asks curiously, but it sounded like there was a deeper meaning.
   "March nineteenth, why?" I wonder aloud.
   "Oh, it's nothing. It's just that when you turn eighteen you can find your mate. I'm already eighteen but I haven't found mine yet." She says somewhat solemnly.
   "So I still have two weeks until I can find my mate." I tell her. She nods. We end up falling asleep on my bed, even though we have school tomorrow.

   Okay! Everything is new today. Look at that, new power and everything. Fancy. Love that. Anywho, comment, vote, and follow me. Thanks. Also, this chapter was 752 words. You're welcome. Which makes it the longest one yet. Bye.